How do you get to Schoel?

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Ozzie585

How do you get to Schoel?

Post by Ozzie585 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:35 am

I'm trying to get to Schoel. I've never been anywhere but Elesium and Nascense. I tried to just run north , where it looks like the two landmasses connect but there is impassable terrain there. Is there a portal somewhere?

Thanks
Oz

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:46 am

Find Ergo. He is midline at the very North End of Elysium. Beyond him is a portal, which you can access using the Caliginous Ring. While there are several "ring quests" that you normally have to do to get these rings, since the 15.2.1 patch series, you just have to be a certain level to earn the ring from Ergo. For Scheol, I believe this level is 80. Use the ring at the base of the portal beyond Ergo (there's a small device at the bottom of the portal), and you're there.
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

Ozzie585

Post by Ozzie585 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:38 am

Thanks again for the help Hahnsoo. One more question, please. I found Ergo, he did offer me the ring, which I accepted. I found the portal, and when I used the ring on the portal it said "You need a higher faction with Guardian of Shadow to enter." I'm a level 179 Omni Engineer. These are my first tenative steps into the Shadowlands really, and I was hoping to just get the garden and sanctuary keys on the way through to a challenging area. Does this mean I have to go back and find/do some Elysium quests, or is there a mob to kill (most likely repeatedly)?

edit:okay. From other research I turned up something that said I need to kill hecklers and horrors to gain Guardian faction. I hope killing greys does that eck. Now to find some.

Thanks again
Oz

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:42 pm

Yes, killing Hecklers does the trick with guardian faction pretty well. Elysium has level 160 ones, so they might even turn out green for you. An alternative for that would be to actually do Ergo's progression quest, as far as I remember doing that quest also nets you a nice Guardian Faction bonus.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:19 am

Go toast some Ely Hecks, you won't get much SK from it but you'll get loads of Guardian Faction...

& since you're omni, remember NOT to kill any unredeemed mobs (the blue ones on your map that are Omni affiliated!) You will gain redeemed faction & lose unredeemed faction (which for you would be a BAD thing!!!)
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:21 am

P.S. Since you are over lvl160, you'll be able to walk straight into Penumbra, that's where you want to be getting teams...! You're gonna LOVE the XP gain lol.

Ozzie585

Post by Ozzie585 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:26 pm

Thanks for the extra information guys. Ya , wow, I was surprised that those Elysium hecklers/horrors were as tough as they were, compared to everything else in the zone. It was also hard to find just one to dance with; usually it was 4. After a lot of that, I discovered that some paper mache white mobs right outside of Ergo's entrance gave guardian faction too. They are green with a large glowing hole for a face. So two bags of that and I was off to Schoel.

To try and get the sanctuary and garden keys for Schoel, and the second and third specialization paperwork. OMG I would have hated to be the first people here when the Shadowlands opened, trying to figure this stuff out. For the Schoel garden key you need to make a pocket boss (sort of) and the camping and killing and traveling are crazy. BUT...haha, it's different NOW than it was at release. After I had beat my head against the wall for a certain amount of time, it was off to Rome to hit the shop terminals and wa-la: almost every part was for sale pretty cheap. So now both me and my wife have a pocket boss crystal, but we're too afraid to use them because we're afraid of wiping lol. All the guides were particularly clear that it was a tough fight and the summoner was reduced to ten health when you summon. So now my wife has a case of "onemorelevelitis" ... but it's been a ton of fun anyways.

Oz

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:19 pm

Yeah, most PBs are harder than their levels give them credit for...

However, are you a member of an Org? If so, just tell them you're gonna pop them for the quest & ask if anyones free to help out, my org generaly comes out in force for some fun PB splashing, so at that point it's fairly easy...
Just remember that the 'key team' MUST be the ones to get the kill or your quest won't update...

I'd offer to bring my 220 engi out to toast it for you, but I remember you said you were omni, so it wouldn't be a good idea for me to kill it as it's probably a redeemed mob... (bad for my faction lol)

Which server are you on anyway? Rimor? Atlantian? the german one???? lol

Ozzie585

Post by Ozzie585 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:37 pm

I'm on Rimor. I've been holding the Ozzie name on Atlantean for 6 years but haven't played him. I plan to heh.

My org is a bit L33Tish. They are heavy into the micro play...super tweaking alts and spending endless amounts of time trying to get 1 point into something or another, and I am neither interested nor knowledgable about that kind of play. They speak very heavily in acronyms, and the few times I've asked, they've ignored or derided very noobish questions, so my wife and I pretty much just ignore the guild...we come here for answers. I figure we'll be able to communicate clearly with them in 6 months to a year, after I've learned all the references, abbreviations and acronyms. I've been back a whole month so far, and I'm just now getting to looking at my QL 139 implants on my 179 Engineer. /underachiver ftw

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:19 am

First off, get some lvl200 imps in that engi, then you're gonna have to look into Symbiants...

To be honest, if that's the reaction of the members in your Org, I personaly would go look for another Org, unfortunately, I can't suggest any Omni Orgs, sorry...

What level are those PBs? I'm wondering whether I could CH (complete heal) tank them on my Doc, that would keep agg off you while you killed it... & I don't need to be in your team to do it so there's no faction loss for me.

Ozzie585

Post by Ozzie585 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:47 am

First off, get some lvl200 imps in that engi, then you're gonna have to look into Symbiants...
Yeah, I've been collecting empty ql200 implants and any ql200 clusters from missions for days now. I think I'm ready to build a list for me and my wife and see what we need to get. I know they would make us more effective, but I look at 20 bags of implants in my bank, then the clock, and decide to do a mission..heh, same thing as washing the car I suppose.
To be honest, if that's the reaction of the members in your Org, I personaly would go look for another Org, unfortunately, I can't suggest any Omni Orgs, sorry...
They seem like a good group of people, I think we're just having difficulty communicating. Once my wife and I start participating in the things they're doing like battlestations, super over equiping, inferno grouping and the alien stuff (which I'm totally still lost on) we'll probably get along better. It also might be age, we are both around 40 and sometimes I get the feeling they are teens or young adults.
What level are those PBs? I'm wondering whether I could CH (complete heal) tank them on my Doc, that would keep agg off you while you killed it... & I don't need to be in your team to do it so there's no faction loss for me.
That's a very generous offer. The PB for the Schoel garden key is level 140 according to the guide. We are going to try her Wednsday. I'm figuring when my engineer summons, she'll keep her MP heal pet on me and I'll bioshield to get through the initial 20 seconds, then we should have it. When she summons,,,mmm, that is the hard one. Those nanomage MP's seem made of paper. The MP heal pet is a bit slow getting going, and that thing could kill her before my pet can get it's agro. If we fail we'll rebuild the PB crystals, and maybe if you have time on the weekend we could try with your help? I like to at least try fail once on this stuff before looking for help heh.

Ozzie

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:19 am

You don't need to summon the boss twice, everyone in the team that has the mission running gets credit for the kill.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:14 am

Uragon wrote:You don't need to summon the boss twice, everyone in the team that has the mission running gets credit for the kill.
Yup, that's why I mentioned the 'quest team'... everyone with the quest on that team will get the update, so long as they are the primary killing team...

As for the implants, you DO have the 3rd person program 'Nanonanny', don't you??? That will make you life, SOOoooOOooo much easier designing imps lol.

The problem with your org is that you're never going to get to their level without some kind of help...
I've been playing for over 2 years now, been in my great org almost the whole time (about a week before I joined it) & have 1 220 char & 1 213 char & then only one other over lvl100, this is not a quick game to play...! (I have been taking my time tho lol)

I forget offhand, did you say which server you were on? Atlantian or Rimor?

P.S. You do realise you joined the wrong side, don't you??? :wink: :lol:

P.P.S. I'm 39 too, but I still keep up with the kids!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ozzie585

Post by Ozzie585 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:50 am

Uragon wrote:
You don't need to summon the boss twice, everyone in the team that has the mission running gets credit for the kill.
Snakebite wrote:
Yup, that's why I mentioned the 'quest team'... everyone with the quest on that team will get the update, so long as they are the primary killing team...
Heh ya but I totally spaced it until Uragon made direct mention of that. In otherwords ...

When "Thicknessskull">"newconceptPenetrationDepth" goto [Overhead]
"Understanding"=1
Goto [Post]
[Overhead]
"Understanding"=0
Goto [Post]

I had nanonanny at the start I think, but this time I was using the web based tooks (I think off Auno). I printed off two sheets, one with the cluster names and calculated numbers and another with the button fields. I still have to mish up (via clicksaver) the missing clusters and get my wife to create her sheet so I can check it against my inventory...bleh. Heh heh.
The problem with your org is that you're never going to get to their level without some kind of help...
When you say that, do you mean level 220, or 200? I was feeling that we would be able to get to 200 on our own steam, and that we would only have 'problems' that would require research between 200-220. We are turtle pace players ourselves (notice we plan to get the Schoel keys Wednsday, heh instead of just doing it) and are in no rush to run out of things to do.

Server 2 , the Omni PWN3D server, "Rimor" ;-)

PS I don't know, in 2003 or 2001 or whenever the game was launched, I interpreted "Clan" and "Omni" as "Hippies" and "Empire Stormtroopers" and I've always been closer to the TK421 mindset than the "crunchy groove" point of view. heh heh ...heh .
P.P.S. I'm 39 too, but I still keep up with the kids!!!
HA. I bought my first portable MP3 players last year. I bought my first cell phone contract this year. Only after reading the cell phone manual did I finally understand what "bluetooth" was. When I go shopping for clothes, its 3 color variations of the same polo shirt x6. "Hip" is a anatomy term to me. :-P

I do watch South Park though, I'm not a total barbarian.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:05 am

Ozzie585 wrote:Server 2 , the Omni PWN3D server, "Rimor" ;-)

Well, you're on my server anyway... Good choice there...
We're just letting you have a chance... Clan side xp was over 14% not that long ago lol.

P.S. I'm English, where you guys from?