If AO's gonna survive this should happen....................

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Ozzie585

Post by Ozzie585 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:21 am

The froob program is not going to end.
This is something that is going on every year.
In a month or so, they will announce that they are extending the froob program one more year.
Don't panic
I agree. The day I saw both USAF and USN advertising going, the USAF fully produced with sound, I had confidence it would have more time. It's like seeing GM, Toyota and Philips and Mobil Oil ads on your favorite sci-fi commercial break: you know the show has legs with advertisers like that.

(Not a froob but I actually enjoy the ads and I have them turned on heh.)

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:20 am

U sure?

Gimpeline
LPA Founder

Post by Gimpeline » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:51 am

Yes.
Lise "Gimpeline" EverwhiteOmni-MiningLeet Protection Agency

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:34 pm

I don't belive you. most of the 2004-06 froobs are sloobs alerdy. There's only some froob-for-live people left. It must end now sadly.

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:50 pm

The announcement to continue the Froob program happened last year at October 27th. So we still have quite a ways to go before anyone should start panicking.

Funcom earned over 1 million dollars worth of revenue last year from the in-game ads on Anarchy Online alone. You can read it in their quarterly financial reports.

If they no longer find advertisers for the AO servers, then there would be some problems in maintaining the Froob program. However, even defunct games like Shadowbane can somehow obtain ads to maintain their servers. I highly doubt that this will be an issue.

If the Froob program ends, basically this would mean that Funcom has written off the game, and it's going to die a slow and agonizing death.

About half of my org are Froob for Life and many of them have been playing for at least a year (we're also one of the largest Omni orgs on RK1, and the largest org that isn't a split or merge off of a legacy org). There are way more froobs than you are estimating.
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

Gimpeline
LPA Founder

Post by Gimpeline » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:33 am

And if the program ended, the paying players would loose our mules as they are often on froob accounts. I don't think Funcom would risk that.
There are lots of froobs left and new are joining everyday. (Got lots of froobs in my or to)
Lise "Gimpeline" EverwhiteOmni-MiningLeet Protection Agency

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:39 pm

Ok.....

So the froobs are used to keep FC alive?

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:12 pm

The fr00bs are where a lot of new players come from...

I started as a fr00b, because I wouldn't pay to try something I might not like...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:40 pm

I suggest more pvp vechiles.

More later

OTdude

Post by OTdude » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:33 pm

Scarwound5 wrote:I suggest more pvp vechiles.

More later
LOL, dude.. The only combat vehicle there is in the game (that i know of) is the... umm... i forgot the name of it but its like a floating dohnut with antenna's poing out of it. I think they need to make some sorta tank (such as a floating tank with a very big cannon; special is Burst, Full Auto. But it will cost a lot and will take a bit of IP in the skills to use.) for PVP, or something else, not a flying dohnut.

Make the game look more like a war is going on.

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:59 am

I think he was referring to mechs. I don't know, something like a fairy mech that can fly over water and shoot fairy dust.

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:42 pm

I agree or mabye a yalm that can drop bombs!!!!

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:46 pm

Yep this makes pvp more fun.

How bout more dungeons. There are hot-spots in game that shold have dungeon enterances. How about we do that. It gives more options to lv up.

OTdude

Post by OTdude » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:17 pm

Scarwound5 wrote:How bout more dungeons. There are hot-spots in game that shold have dungeon enterances. How about we do that. It gives more options to lv up.
Theres plenty of leveling ways: Missions, Dungeons (Subway, ToTW, Biomare) and other things like dynas, borgs, etc.

But not many places for loot, the only places that i've found good for loot would be Biomare and Borgs.

Defently need more places with good loot.

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:25 am

How bout we make a dungeon for borg base in PW :D