GTA's drop rate.

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Scarwound5

GTA's drop rate.

Post by Scarwound5 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:52 am

The GTA is one of the rarest and prized items in AO.

Even through it's rare some people got this:

[quote]
"Well me and my few friends were killing the GOT and we killed it about 4 times we got 4 Armours once we got 2 at once and once got none. I think we were really REALLY lucky or something."
[/quote]

But how?

Hahnsoo

Post by Hahnsoo » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:05 am

It's overrated, and not extremely rare. The drop rate is around 5%, from what I gather (personal accounting and collaboration with others). Just get a character up to level 60 and camp the darn thing. Log off, log back in every 20 minutes. You'll get a GTA in a few kills. The longest run I've seen without a GTA is 22 kills in a row.

Extremely rare would be things like Burden of Competence and Robust Backpack, which only show up a handful of times per YEAR. GTA, there's a drop at least every day, if not more.
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:27 am

Actually, burdens and RBPs aren't all that rare, they're just well... pretty camped and on a horrible respawn. It wouldn't surprise me if within the high level population, there was a higher percentage of people having one of these back items than the percentage of all AO players with GTA. I at least never even saw GTA drop. And I most likely won't even try unless I started making low level twinks that would get plenty of use out of it.

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:15 pm

Actully you can try to get level 60ish people to get GTA for you and still get xp at lv 42+

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:21 pm

GTA isn't that rare, it's just that at the sort of level you're normaly looking for it at, a 20min spawn is FOREVER!!!

I saw it drop to my party (we weren't meant to be going for GoT, we got trained with him (at full health)), We bearly managed to take him down (& the Doorkeeper & about 15 cultists), to be honest, I thought we were all toast the second I saw him lol. But... There it was, GTA... Only to be ninjad by a member of the pickup team :evil: , who will remain nameless, who then left...

Not that either of my 2 friends or I needed it, but it would have been nice to have had the option to roll for it! :lol:
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:05 pm

That sounds like an average Temple of the Three Winds experience. :lol:

Koudman

Post by Koudman » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:03 pm

Oh, right, like the robust backpack isn't rare... How much does it cost now? 2 billions or somewhat like that? I haven't played for a while...

Scarwound5

Post by Scarwound5 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:57 pm

i'm gonna go get GTA soon wanna help?