Why are some vehicles so comically small?

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Thurman

Why are some vehicles so comically small?

Post by Thurman » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:36 am

Okay. If you had an extremely short and thin individual, you might be able to get him into a Yalmaha. There is no way you could fit any breed into a Mid or a Kodaik.

A Mid is the size of a Probe. Not a Ford Probe, a hostile, shoot lasers at you Probe. Maybe, if your head was small enough, you could wear it as a big, clunky hat.

A player Kodaik is scarcely bigger than a foot. Whenever you see an unoccupied version of one of these vehicles, it is much, much larger than when you get into yours.

For example, SOMEWHERE in Tir, there is a docked Yalmaha. This thing is Mount Rushmore compared to my Yalmaha.

If you drive a Kodaik instead, there is some sort of encampment either just north east or just south west of the head of Crater Lake. There is a whole fleet of Kodaiks overlooking a cliff, and again, they dwarf a regular Kodaik.

As for Mids, I understand how weird giant Probes zooming around would look. Perhaps a different (sprite?) graphic should be used for them.

Now, what puzzles me is that Mechs don't get this treatment at all. Will Jetbikes and Hoverboards be of realistic size, or will your character turn into a gnome whenever they use them?

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:50 pm

The new vehicles do appear in their images and in the videos to be "normal" size you can see them here http://www.anarchy-online.com/content/g ... _pack.html

I know what you mean with the older vehicles though, and more funnily of recent past that I have noticed me being suddenly made very tiny before seeing me as my yalm instead! There are larger vehciles in 20K and on the landing area in Omni1 Entertainment.. and while I agree with the size differences being weird, I can also imagine how scary "normal" size vehicles would be if everyone was in one!

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:25 pm

Read what Yalms do to your body when you get in them, & you'll understand... 8)
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Soldatius

Post by Soldatius » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:00 am

The alarm bells should roam when you see the vehicles fits in your backpack. Did I just bought my self a toy or a car?

Anyway. As I understand it, the vehicles are some delicat designs. You dont jump in to it like a normal vehicle, you put it on you. And YOU become the vehicle.
Knowledge of the past is the key to the future

[img]http://anarchoticwarlords.org/gallery/6 ... _01_36.jpg[/img]

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:38 pm

Very roughly, you 'spawn' the vehicle & in this process you are digitized & 'stored' inside it...

The Yalmaha tag line is something like:
"No bones broken, no bits lost..."
Or something like that...

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:37 pm

Hmmm...
Yalmaha XL - 29478
Description:
If you read this text, it means you are in the presence of someone very rich. The Yalmaha have always made good, 1-man vehicles, for any situation. This vehicle offers air travel.

Or are you referring to some Notum Wars or Alien Invasion yalm?

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:43 pm

It may be on one of the items to make a Stiletto... Can't remember now lol.

Haliy

Post by Haliy » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:16 am

if you want to see a small yalm... <edited for description of a possible bug/exploit> the size of the yalm will now be microscopic :)

/edited by Snakebite
Gotta be careful what you talk about, you never know who's listening... :roll: lol.
No further action...
Haliy - doc (220) - Overhauling, perk resetting and research galore
Xaii - agent (220) - Semi retired
Mouadiib - crat (214) - leveling here and there
Snapshote - VP farming and
low level tower guard (10)