Closed

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

OTdude

Closed

Post by OTdude » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:50 am

/Closed
Last edited by OTdude on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wila

Post by Wila » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:19 pm

Thanks. I'll try this out later and hope it works :) :) :)
i solely live on Destruction. If destruction leaves me, i become a lone soul, only to fall 'til the world comes crashing down on me. Destruction. I will hunt, and i will destroy.

OTdude

Post by OTdude » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:37 am

its no problem. Happy to help :D

Vinndeta

Bot toon must be part of the org for a Guild Bot

Post by Vinndeta » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:47 pm

I found that the Bot toon that you roll must be a member of the org that it is serving. I recall some other bots also require the bot toon to be a specific level in the org or higher, so I made mine a General just in case.

If you are creating an org on Noob island, then there is no need to run the bot toon to the mainland. The main criteria is that the toon must be a member of the org. (tested having the bot toon on noob island, and it works)

Haven't played around with Raid Bot to know if that toon would need to be on the mainland or not.... maybe another time...

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:37 pm

Anarchy also requires the character being used to be 'recognised', and sometimes it takes FC at least a day to do the update, so even if you've done everything right, the bot may not work till the character database updates...

Also, any questions you may have about budabot (including hideously complex technical ones) can be directed HERE
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

The rank of the bot toon needs to be high enough to receive Notum Wars (Squad Commander for the Department style ranks -- not sure of other types of organizations) notifications if you want it to track things like tower wars. Otherwise, no, it can be the lowest rank.

While this is some serious necroing, I think it might be worth mentioning that aside from budabot (which IMHO) is insanely difficult to set up with needing all sorts complicated things installed on your computer (like php5, mysql, etc...), Vhabot also works well enough (though no longer actively supported anymore) and only requires you to download the bot itself without any other stuff (unless you're trying to run it on Mac or Linux), and the up-and-coming BotSharp.

Anyhow, all of it can be found on http://aodevs.com

tyrence

Post by tyrence » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:57 am

Llie wrote:....budabot (which IMHO) is insanely difficult to set up with needing all sorts complicated things installed on your computer (like php5, mysql, etc...)
No, this is bad information. You are thinking of Bebot. Budabot is substantially easier to set up than both Vhabot and Bebot on both Linux and Windows platforms and is the only bot of the three still actively maintained.

Silentmeta

Post by Silentmeta » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:10 pm

Hmmm...

'that aside from budabot (which IMHO) is insanely difficult to set up with needing all sorts complicated things installed on your computer (like php5, mysql, etc...) '

For Windows users, Budabot comes as a complete package, unzip one file, and it is ready to run. All that is required are account details, and you are connected.

Either you are confusing the extra libraries that -may- need installing on a basic LINUX machine with the ease of a Windows install, or as Tyrence suggested, you are thinking of Bebot.

Because your statement in no way applies to Budabot, which I have been running on a 24/7/365 basis since early 2006.

Regards,

Eli.
If your nose runs, and your feet smell.. you might be standing on your head.

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:29 pm

tyrence wrote:
Llie wrote:....budabot (which IMHO) is insanely difficult to set up with needing all sorts complicated things installed on your computer (like php5, mysql, etc...)
No, this is bad information. You are thinking of Bebot. Budabot is substantially easier to set up than both Vhabot and Bebot on both Linux and Windows platforms and is the only bot of the three still actively maintained.
Sorry, Tyrence is right. I was thinking of bebot, which I was using before vhabot.