The best froob/noob prof?

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

The best froob/noob prof?

Adventurer
11%
Agent
3%
Bureaucrat
1%
Doctor
1%
Enforcer
4%
Engineer
6%
Fixer
22%
Martial Artist
39%
Meta-Physicist
1%
Nano-Technician
1%
Soldier
10%
Trader
No votes

Total votes: 72

Khuri
AOU Programmer/Coder

Post by Khuri » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:18 pm

*Khuri scores* :roll:

Sferykal

Post by Sferykal » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:17 am

There is no "best", because that's like picking furniture, wine, cars and so on; each have their (partially subjective) advantages and specific uses. To turn the stick around: It depends on what you want to do and how you want to play the game. If you are not limiting the gameplay preferences in any way you can discuss this "best"-question forever without coming to a result.

Gimpeline
LPA Founder

Post by Gimpeline » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:34 pm

I agree that it is no "best", but some are easyer to play than others.
F. eks: I would never recomend MP to a new player.
It's better to start with with one of the easyer and then when you know the game, go over to something else.
Lise "Gimpeline" EverwhiteOmni-MiningLeet Protection Agency

Wila

Post by Wila » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:09 pm

i would never tell a newb to make a NT or MP unless they're crazy, or both. People tend to say that newbs aren't really anything that uses nano. But i've seen plenty of newb engineers and docs, and now they're doing really well.
i solely live on Destruction. If destruction leaves me, i become a lone soul, only to fall 'til the world comes crashing down on me. Destruction. I will hunt, and i will destroy.

Khuri
AOU Programmer/Coder

Post by Khuri » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:31 pm

My first char was a doc. And the char still lives. And is not 220 yet at all, after more then 4 years... :roll:

Dublivion

Post by Dublivion » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:30 am

Pfft of course there is a 'best' prof.. the Fixer!!!! Yes I say that cos I rolled one heehee! :lol:

Transport options, its all about transport options. And they have plenty of damage and survivablility too. ;)
AO-UNIVERSE: By players for players
[img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style5,dublivion.png[/img]
Fixer, Newcomer's Alliance
We are always in all ways nowhere. Now. Here.
screenshots

Kizanika

Post by Kizanika » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:48 am

MA's are by far the best prof. for anyone who is new to AO, not having to buy any weapons besides attacks is a good plus. but for the Froob one, i really dont think there is one.
Everyday, I watch this world descend into hell. I'm just trying to find a nice comfortable seat with a nice view.

Wila

Post by Wila » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:15 pm

If u are a newb on AO, Adventurers are pretty good. it gives you a sense of healing, combat, using pets (they may only be leets, but you learn how to use pets) and generally progressing through the game. If a new player asked me what proffession he should be to start, i would say:

MA first, neutral (get a feel of the game, etc)
then adventurer (good for, well, adventuring)
then maybe move onto something else if you haven't chosen between those 2.
i solely live on Destruction. If destruction leaves me, i become a lone soul, only to fall 'til the world comes crashing down on me. Destruction. I will hunt, and i will destroy.

McEagle

Post by McEagle » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:05 am

For fr00bs ? Noobs ? The ones who don't know how to use a nano and how conceal ?... Well the Better for the fr00bs/n00bs is FAR FAR FAR The AGENT !!... Nah, MAs

1/ MAs don't anoy the newcomers with tons of information about Nanos
2/ MAs don't need weapon (But can Weild a large large palm of melee weapon... all in fact ^o)...)
3/ MAs can heal them Self, and that's a great point for Newcomers who don't have anyfriend for healing them!!!
4/ MAs will help 'em discover that a nanomage is NOT a great MA...
5/ THere is no 5
6/ Low lvl MAs deal Lot of damage and with a great rate... So it's the only prof. that can be played by Noobs Eyes Closed....
Gaylene "Mceagle" Orbin,
Omni Tek Employee, Married to Joe Studz
Rome Blue, HighRise 4
Rubi-Ka

Weeping Willow

Post by Weeping Willow » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:56 pm

Please consider making different polls for froob and noob

or what is the question ?

for newbies ? (people that have started the game not long ago ?)

for froob ? (people that dont pay?)

or noob ? (people that play for some time but still dont grasp any game mechanics ?)

For newbies, I ll advice MA, Advies and Doc ... first too have been covered, and doc can be done quite easily once you learn about heals and init debuff, and you dont need to equipe an ubar weapon to be invited in teams.

For froobs, Fixers rule on RK, and you can consider Doc ... after all CH doesnt get you killed in the 5 next secondes on RK.

For noobs, I ll advice getting the expensions ... well ... I dont know ... but I ve seen way more TL4 (and 5 and 6) SL-noob than Froob_noob

Daylin

Post by Daylin » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:20 am

Froobs, hands down Fixer for the sheer ammount of fun and versatility they have. They literally can do it all, to an extent :wink:

Noobs, I would have to agree going with MA to learn the basics of the game. After which imeadiately roll a Fixer :lol:

But in all seriousness, anyone can do well with any profession new or not so new if they are willing to invest some time reading up on thier profession. Lot's of great guides and advice to be had on the various profession sections of a few sites. Mainly this site, AoFroobs, and to an extent the official board.
Sergeantrox Main / Kaytoh RIP / Daylin RIP
~Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance~
Employed by Omni-Tek on Atlantean-Rk1

Tristano

Post by Tristano » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:02 pm

I went with Engineer on as my first prof, simply because I thought building things would be cool and having a robot even cooler... of course I had no clue of the gameplay, or had the patience to check resources. You do that AFTER you got your char and you get stuck... which is what happened to me.

For first char I'd recommend Solitus advie or MA. For the love of Mother Ka, please stay far away from nanomage NT's until you know the game well.

Casorinth

Post by Casorinth » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:46 pm

I would recomend Solitus or Atrox Advy, MA or Enforcer. You really have to try hard to go wrong with them and they can be fun (specially Advy, you can just about do anything and be ubah at it)

If you know your game style I would suggest choosing a character more based on how you like to play, personally I prefer Fixer style of avoidance, speed and Oh carp <evac> although it really relys on luck so you can't just stand there being beaten (as you will be flagged as Cocky and be immeidiatlly triple critted and aimed shot)