What Do People Have Against Agents?

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Thurman

What Do People Have Against Agents?

Post by Thurman » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:14 am

I have no problem finding loot or anything, but for some reason, I bring out the worst in people outside of my org., and in monsters, too!

For example, I was in a team with a fellow general of the org. The way we recruit people is teaming up with random folks and observing their behavior. If they ignore the requests of the team leader, run far ahead and grab all the loot, don't wait after someone has died, or generally doesn't acknowledge the existence of players besides themselves, we don't let them in.

Well, one poor jerkwad was so twinked he could have soloed the whole mission. He ran off to go yank some loot and treasure and got a Junkbot Surprise. Three buzzsaws all in one room, beating on him like a drum. When I got in, he had less than a fourth of his health points left, and it was going down fast. I turned on TC and attacked the one with the lowest health (for once I hit both times) and then used a first aid kit on him. He was green for me, so it brought him up a whole lot. Each time a bot hit the floor, his greedy hands were upon it. Finally, the third one died, and all Mr. Twink did was look at me with his thumb up his rear and a slackjawed expression on his face, and ran out, looking for more loot.

Then there was a 'Crat. He was basically playing like a cross between an enforcer and an engineer. He would send his bot in to do all the dirty work, but of course he used /pet hunt instead of /pet attack, and whenever he felt he was in danger, he'd tell it to retreat and it would bring all of its poker buddies with it. Not once did he root or snare anything. Disregarding the squishy nature of his class (especially since he was using the VERY BEST armor available to Crats, which is whatever Miiir was selling that day) he would stand right there next to Mr. Twink and try to tank. I should mention, I don't think either of these guys gave eachother the time of day through the whole thing. If these guys were having some sort of competition on who could make me angrier, I'd say the crat won by going AFK with no warning in the middle of a fight.

When at last we got to the boss, I switched team loot to leader and manually dispensed items by asking who wanted what. That was the only time either of them spoke at all. I'll never know what I missed, because they'd wait to open chests until someone was in a fight, so the loot messages got drowned out by fighting messages. By the time the other general or myself scrolled up to look at what they took, they were already running off somewhere else, and this behavior led to the previously mentioned Buzzsaw Surprise.

As for monsters, I was with a different general, doing team missions. We are very capable by ourselves, and due to incidents like the above, prefer to do all team missions with organization members only. As an Agent, I have no pets. My DoT programs are weak and insignificant, and my rifle is good but nowhere near this gentleman's leveling Engineer pistol. In equipment, level, credits, and programs, I am currently inferior to him, except for crowd control, which I never use in missions because smart players can avoid creating crowds in the first place. Therefore, I see no reason why I not only received aggro from a boss monster, but also his little friend whom I did not bother to say hello to. My associate cast every program he could think of to direct their attention, but their hatred of me never washed off. Even as his Gladiator mangled them, they hit me until I died.

This never happens at all to my Bureaucrat, Wolfowitz.

Wila

Post by Wila » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:39 pm

You're saying what people have against agents, rite?

Well, in my experience, almost all of my friends are agents and they get the most respect i've ever seen. I dunno about you, but maybe the people you teamed with are just seriously obnoxious :x
i solely live on Destruction. If destruction leaves me, i become a lone soul, only to fall 'til the world comes crashing down on me. Destruction. I will hunt, and i will destroy.

Koudman

Post by Koudman » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:38 pm

How can someone have something against a profession?! :shock:

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:09 am

I've got nothing against agents (that works). :)

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:23 pm

It's not being an agent that caused your death...
A 'Pet' will NEVER create as much agg as a character, therefor, your engi friends bot would have had a big problem getting the mob off you, you'd have had to drop your agg as much as possible (no attacking at all & running around like a headless chicken works for my Doc...) :lol:

... Trust me, I have a lvl220 Engi & using the pets to drag agg off someone can be a real pain...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:08 am

I have my old 220 agent parked, but I can guarantee you I can get a team anytime.

First tip: RIFLE is what you should always use at ALL levels.

This is the models you should go from low level to high level: Gripo, Tsaka, X-3, Perenium, Alien rifle, LE rifle.

Agents are squishy, but the fact you can use other prof's nanos (even for a short time) make you a jack of all trades, a more dependable player than most IF you learn when to use the non-agent nanos at the right time and place.

You should be #3 Damage Dealer on average, because you can't out damage an enforcer and other tank/dps type.

For a short time you CAN tank, using doc nanos, but that doesn't last long enough to turn the tide...but just enough to get everyone else to save themselves and run.

At lvl 220, you can take a lvl 210-215 mob, and a good number of bosses in Inferno. In PvP if you set yourself properly you are a damage nightmare, however with the LE nanos against agents you chances to win are dinimishes to win...I would say down to 25%, but never assume the other player knows how to PvP as well as you.

For years I enjoyed playing my agent, it was awesome and it was easy for me to get teams, solo blitz missions for loot and phatz and be the all around team/guild buffer.

Keep playing your agent, have fun with your guild and if there are people whp acted like those 2 you mentioned...communication is key. People who don't answer in team chat should be replaced in my opinion.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.