Determining what loot-items are valuable

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

OlowNon

Determining what loot-items are valuable

Post by OlowNon » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:24 pm

Is there an optimal way of determining what loot is valuable to other players? I understand that there are auction forums, but I haven't really gotten the hang of them yet, and the prices often aren't listed. Also, I'm using the free version on AO, which means I can't post to the official AO forums (if that matters).

In addition, is there a way to save a list of all the items in your inventory and bank off-line? How do you remember what you have, search the correct forum(s), etc., without a list to work from?

Triskweline

Post by Triskweline » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:31 pm

Well, there's really no way to learn the value of things but experience. If you had AI you could check the shop terminals, but since you're playing a free account you'll have to do it the old-fashioned way: reading the market forums.

Just keep reading and the item names and prices will eventually stop being a big blur and you'll get the hang of it.

You can drop references to your items into a tell message to helpbot:

/tell helpbot

Will open up the window. Then just drag the items into the window one after the other. When you're finished, visit this webpage:

http://tera.kuren.org/ao/items/

Type your character's name in, and there's your list.

OlowNon

Post by OlowNon » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:51 pm

Many thanks Triskweline!

John00

Re: Determining what loot-items are valuable

Post by John00 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:33 pm

I can see that the link is no longer working. I was looking for answers on this topic myself. I found nothing that could help. It remains to track the prices of the items for which users are selling them on sites like this: https://mmoauctions.com/tera/items

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Re: Determining what loot-items are valuable

Post by Silvana » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:43 pm

I would be careful on a site like that, as it is promotes gold and account sellers. It is also mostly for selling items for real cash and has nothing to do with the topic brought up here, which is determining the in-game value of items.