AO skins

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

OTdude

AO skins

Post by OTdude » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:01 am

Hey.. I was just wondering why i cant download any of the skins for AO (launcher skin, gameplay skin). I tried forums.anarcy-online.com, i tried googling it, nothing seemed 2 work :?: :?:

well anyway, plz tell me if theres any site i can go on to download skins that may help, thx a lot. :D

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:07 pm

With regards to the launcher skins, did you mean that these arent working ?

OTdude

Post by OTdude » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:43 pm

yes, i've also tried those, but they didnt work. I think maybe its just how my computer is set up or maybe the problem is in my internet connection. But i doubt the connection just a little bit because i just moved from Arizona (i had Cox Cable/ Broadband) to California (which now i have DSL). At both locations, it was the same problem.

Dublivion

Post by Dublivion » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:58 am

To clarify, are you having trouble with acquiring the zips at all.. or problems with installation?

I checked the downloadability of some of the zips for the launcher skins and they are working for me.

Are you able to download other things or zips from other sites?
AO-UNIVERSE: By players for players
[img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style5,dublivion.png[/img]
Fixer, Newcomer's Alliance
We are always in all ways nowhere. Now. Here.
screenshots

OTdude

Post by OTdude » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:17 am

I cannot download them period. i cannot get to the install thing. You know when u go to download something, and the icon looks like a white page with little thumb nails / icons on it...

Well... i have that icon up there.

I recently tried downloading one skin anyway and saved it to my desktop, i opened the folder, when i tried to run it, it said "Unable to find document."

Dublivion

Post by Dublivion » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:47 am

Very strange problem mate! :( The file to be downloaded is a zip file with one image file and one text file inside. I'm not sure why it won't appear as a zip to you, but what you're describing sounds like your browser or computer won't recognise the .zip file type? I'm assuming its the popup dialogue from the browser, asking you where you want to save the file you are attempting to download, that is showing you the 'white page with icons' image.

Of course is you have zip files that your computer can otherwise recognise then the problem is not that and we should look further! Keep us posted. :)
screenshots

OTdude

Post by OTdude » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:57 am

well... im sure my computer reconizes .zip files, i dont know for certain anymore because i hardly download anymore and my dad downloads eevrything i need (im only 14 years old.) I will try disabling everything that has to do with it tomorrow. Like the pop-up blockers, Firewall (already disabled, but looking more into that) and more stuff. but im off to bed now, almost mid-night. Ill reply bak if it dosnt work, or maybe give me a few more ideas i can work on for this problem.

Thanks for the help everyone :D

OTdude

Post by OTdude » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:55 am

ok... i do not see any .zip files. however i do see .exe files, is there anyway to convert them with out damaging the file? I really dont no that much about computers, so I want to make sure it will work. And if there is a way to convert them.

Dublivion

Post by Dublivion » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:16 am

Hmmm there is something else weird going on here. None of those Launcher skins contain exe's, or are exe's themselves. :? So no there's no thing you can do to convert them. Without seeing screenshots of what you are seeing I'm stuck for figuring this out. The best I can suggest is to grab Winrar or Winzip, install them, and try the downloads again.
screenshots

OTdude

Post by OTdude » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:40 am

ok, thanks a lot foe your help.