New Players

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

ko3000

New Players

Post by ko3000 » Wed May 23, 2007 11:05 pm

Hey, I'm new to Anarchy Online, must say it's the best free MMORPG i've play yet.

I play as Cyberforge, if you see me around give me a shout :!:
Character: Cyberforge

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Re: New Players

Post by Windguaerd » Thu May 24, 2007 2:01 am

ko3000 wrote:Hey, I'm new to Anarchy Online, must say it's the best free MMORPG i've play yet.

I play as Cyberforge, if you see me around give me a shout :!:
Welcome aboard! which server you play?
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

ko3000

Post by ko3000 » Thu May 24, 2007 7:57 am

Windkeeper wrote:Welcome aboard! which server you play?
I play on Atlantean (Rubi-Ka 1)
[img]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r226 ... ine_20.jpg[/img]

Demenzia

Post by Demenzia » Thu May 24, 2007 10:18 am

Welcome to AO. Feel free to sit down, grab a drink, and please don't mind the hairy white stuff in the fridge, it's normal. ;)
Heart of Darkness - Anarchy Reloaded
[img]http://paradygma.com/img/ao/demsig.gif[/img]
Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining

ko3000

Post by ko3000 » Thu May 24, 2007 12:55 pm

Demenzia wrote:Welcome to AO. Feel free to sit down, grab a drink, and please don't mind the hairy white stuff in the fridge, it's normal. ;)
Cheers :wink: I'm still running my ass off trying to feel out the boarders of AO. I join a team for a quick session but otherwise been running solo, so please give a shout out if u run into me...

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Thu May 24, 2007 3:10 pm

I suggest you start looking for guild. Beside the fact that more peeps usually mean more fun, guild can offer you some help (getting gear, killing hard mobs, info).

As to how to get in guild....try to stay away from organizations that randomly invite peeps runing around. You can try asking in OOC channel if someone is inviting, but you might end in same boat (might get lucky and get in helpful organization tho). Other option is checking info on gulds that are recruiting (either here, check Guild database under Tools, or on official forums, under Atlantean Recruitment ) and contact someone listed there. Last option is asking players that you team with (this usually works better if you teamed with those players before).
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

Demenzia

Post by Demenzia » Thu May 24, 2007 5:35 pm

ko3000 wrote:Cheers :wink: I'm still running my ass off trying to feel out the boarders of AO. I join a team for a quick session but otherwise been running solo, so please give a shout out if u run into me...
Ahh, but I'm afraid it would have to be 'shoot' instead of 'shout', since I play Omni... ;)
Heart of Darkness - Anarchy Reloaded
[img]http://paradygma.com/img/ao/demsig.gif[/img]
Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining

Nadab

Post by Nadab » Fri May 25, 2007 2:46 am

Bah... Old Athens... Clammer... well okkies... might see you in Borealis but the Vanguard frown upon me .... heh ehh
Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich********Corporal, Omni-Pol Field Ops**********T-Sgt1C Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, retired"If I'm the agent Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?"Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri May 25, 2007 7:30 pm

Demenzia wrote:Welcome to AO. Feel free to sit down, grab a drink, and please don't mind the hairy white stuff in the fridge, it's normal. ;)
Sorry, I keep meaning to get rid of that...

First I'll say welcome to AO, it's a damn good game!!!

Second I'll say: You realy need to do something about your chat window! Cut down what you have running in that window to just system stuff & damage, then make a new one & put in all the chat channels there, that way you don't end up missing stuff in the heat of battle...

I'm sure there's a guide somewhere here on how best to do it, & I'm sure someone will point you at it lol.

You can start working it out for yourself by right clicking in the chat window & then experimenting with the options... You will need to stop the original window being 'borderless' before you can either move it or resize it...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

ko3000

Post by ko3000 » Sat May 26, 2007 12:27 pm

Snakebite wrote:Second I'll say: You realy need to do something about your chat window!
Shot, yeah, i've made a few adjustments, good to know it allows for more. Most games don't give you this much freedom...

Wila

Post by Wila » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:14 pm

Too right. Most MMORPGS don't give this much character depth. The only game that i think comes in with a chance of beating this one is woW, but i prefer blowing peoples heads off with shotguns and usin meks than i do like running round as a fat little gnome who gets squashed by other people. 8)
i solely live on Destruction. If destruction leaves me, i become a lone soul, only to fall 'til the world comes crashing down on me. Destruction. I will hunt, and i will destroy.

Gimpeline
LPA Founder

Post by Gimpeline » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:27 am

Welcome to AO :)

Wila

Post by Wila » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:52 pm

What lvl are you right now, ko?
i solely live on Destruction. If destruction leaves me, i become a lone soul, only to fall 'til the world comes crashing down on me. Destruction. I will hunt, and i will destroy.