Article: Interview with Craig \'Silirrion\' Morrison

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Article: Interview with Craig \'Silirrion\' Morrison

Post by Windguaerd » Fri May 18, 2007 2:58 pm

This thread is to discuss the Article: "Interview with Craig \'Silirrion\' Morrison"
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Morrgann

Post by Morrgann » Sat May 19, 2007 6:12 am

Great interview! I was disappointed that he didn't answer the "Favorite pie filling" with "Leet of course!" because we all know....leets are tasty!

Khuri
AOU Programmer/Coder

Post by Khuri » Sat May 19, 2007 2:17 pm

I heard that! *hides*

Tokrika

Post by Tokrika » Sat May 19, 2007 2:36 pm

A question I myself would have liked to ask the gamedirector (I have actually tried. both by emailing several funcom departments, aswell as caling their HQ in Oslo) : Why does players who get their fee converted to Euros pay 1/3 more than those who get their subscription-fee converted to USD?!

one monthly: 14,95 USD
one monthly: 14,95 EUro
1 USD = 0,74 Euro.
allthough not directly related to gameplay, People have left the game over this issue, and I have never been able to get an answer as to why europeans have to pay more for the same service. Didn't have to in the past. one could CHOOSE what currency one prefered to get the fee converted to.

feel free to include that question during the upcoming video-interview :P

gridsurge

Post by gridsurge » Mon May 21, 2007 6:55 am

I'd like to know what happened with the graphic update..they updated the ground textures but the rest still looks like it's from the 80's compared to the new textures..gib consistent world design kthx :p

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Tue May 22, 2007 8:05 pm

Tokrika wrote:Why does players who get their fee converted to Euros pay 1/3 more than those who get their subscription-fee converted to USD?!
I am actually as European as it gets, and am getting charged in USD. Credit card payment magic. :) Isn't it only German direct debit that gets charged in ?óÔÇÜ?¼ + VAT?

Demenzia

Post by Demenzia » Tue May 22, 2007 9:16 pm

French players as well, then. Because I too am pretty positive that 14.95$ do NOT equal 14.95 ?óÔÇÜ?¼ anyway... not with the current conversion rates.

EDIT: Actually, make it 17.19?óÔÇÜ?¼/1-month recurring here. (14.95?óÔÇÜ?¼ + 2.24 VAT).

So where can we pay in $? :P
Last edited by Demenzia on Thu May 24, 2007 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heart of Darkness - Anarchy Reloaded
[img]http://paradygma.com/img/ao/demsig.gif[/img]
Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Tue May 22, 2007 10:41 pm

gridsurge wrote:I'd like to know what happened with the graphic update..they updated the ground textures but the rest still looks like it's from the 80's compared to the new textures..gib consistent world design kthx :p
That WAS the graphics update. The new textures were to show that Rubi-Ka's enviroment were affected by the terraforming done on the planet.

For a full graphics update they would have to upgrade the engine to Directx 9 or 10, which I would think would require a large investment of time and resources, probably stopping any new content for months, maybe even half a year...by the time they re-released the game with a new graphics engine they may have lost too many customers.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Applewhite

Post by Applewhite » Tue May 29, 2007 4:59 am

Next time ask him why a cult can imagine better armor designs than the edited brown ones they have given us.

Keep the language clean please...
edited by Snakebite.
"We are the children of the next level."