Ao-ID check

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

darksky2333

Ao-ID check

Post by darksky2333 » Wed May 16, 2007 1:54 pm

I was at RBB yesterday, and they were asking alot of people to show their Omni ID. They said they are doing it for our protection. First of all i have never seen this happen before. The other thing is protect us from what, we should have not much to fear. Anyway if you know anything about this plz post. Thank you.
Why, do we have the ability to love? If it hurts us so much in the end.

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Wed May 16, 2007 2:33 pm

Fron the sound of it, you ran into a roleplaying event. Greenies did that before as well, the last time I can remember was during Ross's speed and subsequent shooting.

darksky2333

Post by darksky2333 » Wed May 16, 2007 2:36 pm

If that is true why was it not on your calander?
Why, do we have the ability to love? If it hurts us so much in the end.

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Wed May 16, 2007 2:55 pm

I'm afraid that we from AOU aren't all knowing either, the only things that show up in our calendar is what players put in there. ARK events have always been a separate thing altogether, and they have their very own schedules for events.

In some cases, they deliberately don't tell anyone beforehand to make it a surprise, in other cases they either make appointments ingame, or post in the AO Forums about them. You will typically hear about big storyline events first here:
Editor News

Keldros

Post by Keldros » Sun May 20, 2007 10:47 pm

Most ARK events aren't advertised ahead of time.

It's an unfortunate fact that once the word gets out among the players in general, any ARK event will have 5 thong-wearing atrox dancers and 30-60 flagged PVPers shooting each other, all shouting "gief phatz plx" while other people are trying to ignore them and enjoy the event.