NT kiting

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

darksky2333

NT kiting

Post by darksky2333 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:41 pm

I see this alot so i made a nt but i also c nts run while they cast nano which i dont think is possible. So help me out plz by telling me how to kite professionaly tysvm if u post.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:33 pm

I've always wondered about this as well...

I'm assuming it's all to do with a realy high Runspeed and Nano Init...

1/ Run like buggery...
2/ Pause & cast...
3/ Run like buggery...

Something like that?
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

darksky2333

Post by darksky2333 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:36 pm

ty i thought that as well i hope that its true. Well tysvm keep posting if any one else has an idead plz.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:35 pm

Yup, let's get some experienced NT in here to put us out of our collective misery...! :lol:
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Nyadach

Post by Nyadach » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:27 pm

Ok, probably not the best person to talk about kiting as I despise it...but anyhow....as a general NT rule, max running. Your weak, will get clobbered quick, and while our defences are good for a short time, they do tend to root us under a mobs nose while the rest of the team runs for cover :P

Anyhow, as for kiting...best thing when area nuking kites, is stick to something you can insta caste, you don't want something you will run, stop, sit 3secs, caste...dead. Higher up this pretty much means anything under 10secs, but for the youngsters its usually best to stick with the area nukes as they are fast, and when dealing with a mass group of mobs, makes for some pretty easy xp and items if thats what you are looking for. Using the landscape is a good tactic if you are in an area which has a natural bowl to it, its great. You run around the top edges once you've pulled a train into the bowl area. Run around and rain down the nukes on them. If you have them, full combat buffings handy, and layers for those lucky hits they use.

Oh, and if you can, stick with the melee mobs. We can outrange things, but its not worth the hassle often now unless your root/nuking them. Which brings with it the amusing of Keepers and MA's...if you go that way, lots of fun. Even before triples the sheer amount of abuse they would spiel at you when you root them, and they see you in the distance charging up something big and nasty...but really thats another kind of kiting :D