Shape soft/hard armor?

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Gimpeline
LPA Founder

Shape soft/hard armor?

Post by Gimpeline » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:14 pm

My engie is trying to get shape soft and hard armor and want to get the clicksaver settings right, but the guides can't agree.
This one http://arcanum.aodevs.com/armor_bronto.html
Says "The team-mission needs to be of level 57-60"
This one http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... p?t=443273
"found exclusively on 60-70 team mission bosses"
Does anyone know what is right?
Is it 57-60 or 60-70?

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:19 pm

If you're looking for it from missions, the mission boss is always 2-3 lvls higher than the actual mission, so to get a lvl60 item, you need to pull a lvl57-58 mission...

However, in my circle of friends I've not heard of anyone getting one from a mission, they've all been found from Dyna camping... But I may be wrong!

On the other hand... I always wanted the Shape-Hard & Shape-Soft for my engi, I camped for A-G-E-S (wasn't going to pay those prices!!!), but in the end I gave up. My engi is lvl220, & in all that time, I think I've been asked for armour that I'd need them for about 8 times total!!!
(It may not be worth it...) :lol:
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

adjuster

Post by adjuster » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:45 am

I found a shape soft in a lvl 58 team mission. Dropped from the boss. 2 people in team only, but i guess you have better lucks if you pull mission with a full team? (similar to getting best chance of a CRU drop)

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:30 pm

adjuster wrote:I found a shape soft in a lvl 58 team mission. Dropped from the boss. 2 people in team only, but i guess you have better lucks if you pull mission with a full team? (similar to getting best chance of a CRU drop)
It's not so much issue of better luck, than the fact that with full team boss drops more items.

As ql goes, like Snake said, you get 2-3 ql higher boss. And while highest chance of getting ql 60 item to drop is from ql mob, there is small possibility higher or lower ones drop them as well.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

plugsz

Post by plugsz » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:19 am

The most common ways to acquire shape soft and hard are either

1- 56-59 team mish, chances increase better with full team
2- Dyna hunting in that same range

It can and does drop but isn't extremely rare, but not exactly a common drop

I grinded with my engi for a lil while got his...so it is doable

Berael

Post by Berael » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:56 am

When considering how often you will use a armor shaper and if it is even worth it to invest the creds or time into it consider a couple of things:

First off, you don't need a hard armor shaper because all the armor that can be made with one can also be made with a screw driver. Using a shaper -does- lower the requirements to make the armor, but unless you are sub level 100 it wont matter that much.

Second, the only way to make Mantis, Crawler, Dragon, and a couple other 'soft' armors in the game is to get a mmr soft. If you are the org tradeskiller, then this is essential, especially for froobs who can get actual value from crawler or bronto armor.
Angel "Berael" Wolf - 217/17 Solitus Engineer
President of Wolf Brigade

What is the NDI?

Abbi

Post by Abbi » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:56 am

And where would you find level 60 Dynas?

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:16 pm

Abbi, level 60 Dynas, as well as other level dyna camps, are all labelled on Atlas of Rubi Ka.

Check this page here: http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?sit ... &link=maps