Soldier weapons question

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Shaikura

Soldier weapons question

Post by Shaikura » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:52 pm

I like the game so far,But i see as a soldier, many of them have the same weapon and armor at the higher lvl's. I'm only lvl 45 now. And my favorite weapons are these.

Nova flow mk iv
Seburo c-99a
Omni-pol standard flamer

These weapons work great to me. So will i have to come up with millions in credits at the higher lvl's to buy this blue gun to be able to keep playing the game? I solo the game alot and pretty much stay on rubi-ka. I really don't like the shadowlands. It seems like everquest with guns over there. :?

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:36 pm

You certainly don't have to wear a Perennium Blaster from now until the end of time. But you will have to realize that Rubi-Ka weaponry is just that, four year old pieces of equipment. So using one of these will reduce your damage output significantly later on. You can have a look at what Tepamina, our resident Soldier guide writer, suggests right here. Lots of guns really up for choice that aren't blue. :)

Shaikura

Post by Shaikura » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:08 pm

Thanks for the link. I checked out the list. So according to it, The only weapon thats on my list thats any good is the Seburo c-99a. So why would my other weapons be useless later? I just find it hard to believe that Rubi-ka weapons are no good anymore. What do players with free accounts use? My main problem with the blaster is how much people are asking for it. How am i surposed to afford something like that?

Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Post by Uragon » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:33 am

If you have the expansions, you will simply have much higher weaponskills than people without the expansions. So while a ql 200 Division 9 Plasmaprojector will for example be something that is endgame equip for a free player, you will have the possibility to equip it much earlier. And once that highest quality level is equipped, your weapon progression will end regarding Rubi-Ka weaponry. If you want bigger and better guns then, you will have to turn towards Shadowlands, AI or Lost Eden weapons.

Affordability on your first perennium weapon is always an issue. Did you have a look at the tradeskill involved in building it though? While the cheapest Blaster currently on Omni GMS on Atlantean costs 2 million credits, there is a Spirit Tech Apparatus: Long Muzzle on there for 500,000 credits as well. Most of the other things involved in building a blaster you should be able to acquire on your own, or with a few friends your level.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:20 pm

Trust me when I say that 10 or 20 million credits is pocket change in this game!

You're looking at it from the point of a new player, you just need to build up your cash...

You said you solo a lot, that's great, pull yourself some team missions (just get someone in team long enough to pull the missions) then go do them & loot everything that isn't bolted down (you will need at least 16 empty bags in your inv for this), then go sell all the crap to the shop terminals...
You'd be amazed at how much cash this gets you...
If you can get to sell your stuff to either a Trader shop or an OMNI MAP TERMINAL, you will get more cash than from a Clan or Neutral terminal.
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Shaikura

Post by Shaikura » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:22 pm

Thank you Uragon and Snakebite for your replies. I am a newbie and starting to become overwhelmed be all i need to know about this game. I don't have a free account but i don't have LE. I never killed any alliens in the newbie zone either. So i don't have any points. I'll try to see if i can find some good players for advice on what i need to do.

Guthree

Post by Guthree » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:20 am

My advice as another newbie is to don't go for what is best but go for the most optimal you can find at this point.
Because when you get what you think is the best, then what be your goal?
Juss enjoy the moment and when ye find something which is better then what yer using then great! But don't go searching for the best because then the game won't be half as interesting as you thought it would be.
After all, ye got plenty o' time to discover, so why rush it?

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:02 pm

What Dimention are you on Shaikura? Atlantian (Dim1) or Rimor (Dim2)?

Shaikura

Post by Shaikura » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:43 am

Snakebite wrote:What Dimention are you on Shaikura? Atlantian (Dim1) or Rimor (Dim2)?
I'm on Atlantian. Why do you ask? I'm not looking for credits. I like to build my own character when i play these games. Not that i won't take help when offered.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:17 pm

I was gonna point you in the direction of a few decent Orgs, but I'm Rimor lol...

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:17 pm

A good guild can really help you understand the game mechanics and allow you to push yourself to your fullest potential and really enjoy everything there is to be involved with.

The guild you choose, if you choose one at all is likely to be chosen dependant on your playstyle, but if you do want any advice, please feel free to ask :)