Antonio Adaptation Factory: How to use it?

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

prestorik

Antonio Adaptation Factory: How to use it?

Post by prestorik » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:27 pm

Before ?é?½flaming?é?? me for such a stupid question let me tell you that I satrted playing as a froob (low life AO form :P) just 2 hours ago.

How can I upgrade any weapon with that item? Help me as if I was 4 years old...

After years at Everquest and Ultima I think this ?é?½tech?é?? RPG is just my kind of game.

Thanks for your trouble.

Gimpeline
LPA Founder

Post by Gimpeline » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:13 pm

Open the tradeskill window and follow this guide

http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?sit ... k=0&id=106

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:50 pm

Left Click on it to pick it up...
Hold down Shift and Right Click it on the item you wish to use it on...

Taaadaaa! 8)
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Post by Trgeorge » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:07 am

Snakebite wrote:Left Click on it to pick it up...
Hold down Shift and Right Click it on the item you wish to use it on...

Taaadaaa! 8)
I think Snake nailed it ;).

Unfortunatly there are several actions to interact with items ingame (due to different actions via game mechanics):

-right click on item (mostly with equiping them, but also with leveling items, some "hacking/opening" items,..)
- left click to pick up 1 item and right click on another item (mostly interaction with fixed item, like using mission key on door, also with some tradeskill actions, like duplicating mission key)
- left click to pick up 1 item and shift+right click on another item (most of tradeskills)
One of those 3 actions will work in 99% of cases. Unfortunatly there are times when neither of them will work. This can happen because :
- tradeskill/item is bugged (you can try and petition it, GMs are likely to help you, example of such case was building NotuComm Treanchcoat several years ago)
- lag (items won't combine or won't even show to have any tradeskills, relogging usually helps. In cases of missions, petitioning usually won't help, since you can simply delete key and pull new mission. If it involves SL quest, which you can only do once, ARKs/GMs will help you if it's in their power)
- coding problems (with new stuff added to game, devs can forget to add "manual action" like using key on door [they only add run into zone area of door for automatic zoning in]. This didn't happened to me yet, so no idea what to do if you encounter this)
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians