The Omega

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Leetluv

The Omega

Post by Leetluv » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:00 pm

anybody know exactly what part the omega play in AO? i know that they were a cult of people from the company that invented nanobots on old earth, but while im playing the game, i keep running into them in Shadowlands in the unredeemed temples.
Let them hate us! So long as they fear us!

Borealis: we came for the clammers! and we stay for the protesters

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Re: The Omega

Post by Windguaerd » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:18 pm

Leetluv wrote:anybody know exactly what part the omega play in AO? i know that they were a cult of people from the company that invented nanobots on old earth, but while im playing the game, i keep running into them in Shadowlands in the unredeemed temples.
Wroooooong!

The Omega were the immortals who enslaved the Solitus for thousands of years on earth.

Read "Prophet without Honour" and you'll understand. A good read.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Leetluv

Post by Leetluv » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:02 am

Reign of the Omega
3332 ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ Farmatek employees come out of hiding calling themselves the Omega. They quickly take over the planet, enslaving the populous.

Ca. 8999 ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ The last natural childbirth of an Omega is born. (Not including David Marlin)

10th Millenia AD ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ The Homo Solitus is identified as a new type of human.

9999 ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ David Marlin is born to an Omega and a Solitus slave.

Emancipation War
Ca. 12100 ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ The Emancipation War, the rebellion against the Omega, begins. Various Solitus warlords unite worldwide behind leader David Marlin. Millions die before the war ends.

12127 ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ The Emancipation War ends in victory. 18 Omega were captured, while the rest, including the nine members of the Farmatek board, had escaped. The captured Omega are put to death.

David Marlin?óÔé¼Ôäós wife, Nika, and many others die in a final counterattack by the Omega on the Solitus command HQ.
World Congress is founded. The Congress is led by David Marlin, and made up of mostly former warlords.
http://aowiki.net/Timeline_of_Anarchy_Online_history

They say their source is prohpet without honour aswell, and where i live they dont sell it or i would have read it :P

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:27 pm

The link I gave you is to the online book, AO provides it for free online, you can even download it on PDF format.

My point is that the "Farmatek employees" were OMEGA all along, from the start even before the first epidemic. The planned most of the stuff that happened to decrease the number of humans so it would be easier for them to eslave humanity.

Since we now know who their masters are (Unredeemed) you should have a pretty good idea how complex the storyline is with its twists and turns.
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Dabblez

Post by Dabblez » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:37 pm

But is the storyline "complex" or just overblown?

The workers revolt on a corporate mining colony setting we started off with contain and complexity I needed. Extradimensional beings of light, prophecies and grand plots that take 35,000 years to mature always struck me as plain silly.

Leetluv

Post by Leetluv » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:42 pm

Ok i spoke with devdas, he said all omega were hunted down and killed, yet i see them on the sphere map for Shadowlands... anyone care to shed some light?

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Post by Windguaerd » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:15 pm

Leetluv wrote:Ok i spoke with devdas, he said all omega were hunted down and killed, yet i see them on the sphere map for Shadowlands... anyone care to shed some light?
All the omgas they could FIND...and since omegas LOOKED like solitus and could pass as one...it would be possible for some to have escaped after losing the war.

So finding omegas in SL, does verify the theory that some survived.

Soldatius

Post by Soldatius » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:27 am

One way or another, his long journey would end here on this planet. A thousand lifetimes ago they had told him it would. They had never been wrong. Never. Not back in the mother country where everyone had known him as Roman Dragovich Zubov. Not at the latter end of the twentieth century when, at their directive, he had initiated the Ark Project. Not even when he had exiled himself from humanity to let the seeds of Omni-Tek – his Omni-Tek – grow untended. And they would not, could not, be wrong this time either.
As I understand, is that in the end of the book there are at least one Omega on Rubi-Ka. Or is Roman somthing diffrent from an Omega?
Knowledge of the past is the key to the future

[img]http://anarchoticwarlords.org/gallery/6 ... _01_36.jpg[/img]

Omega

Post by Omega » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:32 am

From what can be gathered Roman was the first of the Omega. And no, Omegas looked similar to Solitus, but the genetic make-up of the two are different. Omegas are Homo-Sapiences and Solitus are, well, Homo-Solitus. Not to say that everyone was stopped and had a DNA check run on them, but if things came down to it, that would be a dead giveaway of an Omega. Prior to the reapplication of nanobots even a simple check for those would have determined if said person was or was not an Omega. Lastly, it was the Omega, to a degree, that established Omni-Tek and started the reign of corporate hegemony once again. So, there are more then one or two that survived.

The major thing that has been my pet peeve is that in the year 29480 after about 20,000 years of advancement after the reemergence of the human species the course of advancement, even aided by Omega technology has almost been to a dead crawl. Even taking the 10,000 or so years of freedom the Solitus had, even without the corporate system evolution had jumped and then abruptly stopped. I mean, yeah we have star ships, and colonize worlds, but given the exponential rate of the evolution of technology with the aid of computers, as well as the reintroduction of 20th century machinery on a primitive race, the technology that should exist right now would be far beyond where we are. I mean if nanobot production was accomplished in 2019, even after reemerging and aided by the what, thousand years of research and application by Notum, the technology should have leaped by jumps and bounds beyond what it is now. Hell, even with the discovery of the human soul the flood gates should have been opened on medical research for cloning with organ transplants, and the ability for cellular regeneration. Human live expectancy is about 120 I assume at this point in time. To be quite honest, it should be well into the 200 age mark with all the scientific data even if a reclamation system can't be established on a different planet.

Anyway that's just my two cents.

And Dabblez And the first plot didn't take 35,000 years. more abouts 1020 years for the Omega to reemerge. Which, makes sense, 3-6 years for radiation to get down to livable levels, and a good amount of time for the workforce to repopulate and get to a point where the stories become so convoluted no one will remember your involvement anymore. The David thing, well yeah, that took a while..and to a degree, I can accept it. Him living for about 30,000 or so years...that's stretching things. Yeah, he's the son of an Omega and a Solitus, but the Omegas had to relay on some drug that regenerated cells and nanomachines to even remain alive as long as they did, he did it on his own.
We are the slow death that creaps in the night.

Stillian

Post by Stillian » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:23 pm

If I recall correctly, which I might not, David Marlin is alive... somewhere or the other. Since we also have an Omega in the Garden of Roch, plus the rumors of another one in Omni-Tek somewhere, we can assume at least 2 are alive and well.
Stillian, 217/19 Doctor of Hells Heroes

former AOU Researcher

Berael

Post by Berael » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:51 am

Not to necro a dead topic but:
omega wrote:The major thing that has been my pet peeve is that in the year 29480 after about 20,000 years of advancement after the reemergence of the human species the course of advancement, even aided by Omega technology has almost been to a dead crawl.
In the real anals of the development of humanity it took Homo erectus about a million years to figure out that if you take your stone cutter that you have been chipping and flip it over and chip out the other side, you get a better cutting tool. This isn't a 'their brain wasn't as big' issue. Sometimes you just hit a singularity, a point reached where it requires a legendary feat to move beyond it or envision the next step.
Angel "Berael" Wolf - 217/17 Solitus Engineer
President of Wolf Brigade

What is the NDI?