Nanomage engi

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

darksky2333

Nanomage engi

Post by darksky2333 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:31 pm

any advice i alwaysw used solotus but i heard nanomage made better soummoners. So got any usful tip's plz share.

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Re: Nanomage engi

Post by Windguaerd » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:51 pm

darksky2333 wrote:any advice i alwaysw used solotus but i heard nanomage made better soummoners. So got any usful tip's plz share.
Ok, Nanomage has less hp, but the upside is that you WILL be able to create better bots earlier always, which means that with self and outside buffs (specially if you have SL) you can get a very high bot (expect him to be have a RED health bar).

Engies are also the best tradeskillers in the game, and being a nanomage does help on that as well.

Oh and don't forget that on RK you can beacon warp people and teams to wherever you are, which is great for raids and team missions.

I have a lvl 140 engie which I rarely play...but he is a nanomage and enjoyed it very much. Right now I'm playing my new main a Keeper.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.

Stillian

Post by Stillian » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:38 pm

Nanomage have sort of... died out, over the course of the years. Now, nanoskill boosts are too easy, far too easy. For a beginner, I'd play Opifex or Solitus. If you're more in tune with the Engineer profession, I'd suggest Atrox. I had one, it rocked :P
Stillian, 217/19 Doctor of Hells Heroes

former AOU Researcher

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:29 pm

The main problem with any race that isn't Solitus is that your base attributes are not ballanced, you get more in some of them than you do in others...

This makes getting implants in a little harder, you may have to go for higher implants in some slots & lower in others due to the various implants requisites...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

darksky2333

Post by darksky2333 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:54 pm

tysvm ppl keep the adivce coming if u can

muce86

NANO ENG

Post by muce86 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:21 am

I have a 187 (as of yesterday) Nanomage Engineer, and I love her. It sucked the first 50 lvls, but know the credits roll in and the leveling, paired with my kiting NanoTech, comes quite easily. I recommend trying all sorts of different combinations, like my Nanomage MA with 2hb, lol :D Have Fun and Good Luck

cheechmarin

Post by cheechmarin » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:07 am

215 nm engi here, i love it tbh. hate the 2 hit kills from sl mobs, but love not having to get anything extra to cast my pets. +having one nano bar to cast both pets is always nice, and not having to refill it. engi chosen is easy if NM.

Lorastina

Post by Lorastina » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:50 am

I started with my nm engie a little over 2 years ago. She was my first toon, so unfortunately I gimped her a little bit at the start, but was still able to cast Slayerdroid Guardian at lvl 80 (mind you, this was before LE). It just bugged me that she wouldn't have a new bot to cast out until 205 (aside from the doggies, of course ;) ). She's at 156 now, but I plan on levelling her again soon. :) Btw, her tradeskills rock. ^_^

theophrast

Post by theophrast » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:02 pm

in the last patches we got some stuff which is good for nanomage chars like miy's nano armor and the nanomage-enhanced AI-tank armor from S10.
I somewhat like nanomages (2 of my most played chars are nanos) but their low HP is definitly a downside.
they are great when you want high nanoskills in lowlevel; later on you will have plenty of nanoskills with every race, even trox^^

...and you dont get new pets for a looooooong while, while the level of the mobs increases more and more, so the damage YOU do yourself gets more and more important - and at this point nanomages dont really shine, they are not for standing in the heat of a battle, and you soon start to wish you had chosen the big, stupid trox at the char creation^^

nanomages shine in the first 100 levels, then their low constitution becomes a problem; approaching the endgame tho, things get equal again.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:32 pm

Worse still, is teaming...

As soon as you get that Guardian leavered on, EVERYONE wants you in their team, the Guardian just stomps thru the Mobs, while the 'tank' keeps the agg...

But... :(

After about lvl100 (when everyone should be able to cast the Guardian with outside buffs), the demand for your services drops drasticaly, as everyone else starts doing more & more damage, but you stay much the same... :cry:
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!