Community - Tip of the Day!

Newsentries to be discussed

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Community - Tip of the Day!

Postby Windguaerd » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:11 am

Well, a lot of people seem to be unable to find friends in shops...have they stepped into the twilight zone?

Noooooooooooooooooo!

What happens is that when a shop is full (a certain amount of players) the game automatically 'clones' the shop. So while you may be in 'Zone: 1" your friend may enter the shop and be in "Zone: 4".

To know which one you're in do shift+F9, it will display more details than when you just press F9.

The best way is to meet right in front of the shop outside. The same applies to dungeons, however the only one which really is full almost around the clock is Temple of Three Winds in Greater Tir County. If you are teamed you can always enter the same 'zone', however it is best to meet outside totw before teaming.

We'll be sharing more tips about the game in the coming weeks as we are working on updating a few guides.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Forums & Server Mod | AO RecipeBook - Staff

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.
Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Postby Morrgann » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:46 pm

This tip would be much more useful with a screenie and explanation of exactly how to determine which instance, or Group Selector (GS) you are in. Otherwise, great tip for new players!

It still amazes me how many people, both new and veteran alike, haven't figured out how to tell since they removed the "Group Selector" line from the Shift-F9 info window.
Morrgann

Postby Sefus » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:58 pm

ok I thought I was going crazy.

yeah I was looking for that line last week, couldn't find it.
<--- haha what a newb.

explanation?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Sefus/3305brushed.jpg[/img]
Sefus

Postby Morrgann » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:46 pm

The explanation is that FC decided to change it arbitrarily. I believe that came with the 16.0 patch. Now when you do Ctrl-F9, you get a bunch of cryptic gibberish looking something like:

1324123524331/4/123413

I am at work right now so I don't have the exact format, but the important part in that example is the /4/ which indicated the Group Selector.
Morrgann

Postby Sefus » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:35 pm

ok I 've seen that and that helps.

thanks.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Sefus/3305brushed.jpg[/img]
Sefus

Postby Morrgann » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:14 pm

pleasure :)
Morrgann

Return to News-Corner