Universal Gridfeed - Important clarification of 'Kill Steali

Newsentries to be discussed

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Universal Gridfeed - Important clarification of 'Kill Steali

Postby Trgeorge » Mon May 01, 2006 8:24 pm

Fresh from AO Community Corner http://forums.anarchyonline.com/showthread.php?t=443857

Important clarification of 'Kill Stealing' policy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recently there has been a growing problem with players out-damaging (kill stealing) alien raid generals and pocket bosses. There is a prevailing misconception that our policy, which permits out damaging, allows such behavior. This is an incorrect assumption.

The ?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?àÔÇ£no one owns a monster?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼? aspect of our gameplay policy is meant to reflect that, in an open area where multiple players are hunting, no one person or group can lay claim to the NPCs. All monsters in game are community monsters.

However, this does not extend to those NPCs that are triggered specifically by a player or team?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?óÔÇ×?ós work. When a team of players trigger an alien raid, in their city, that raid and the subsequently spawned general, are theirs. To sneak in and attempt to out damage the team with the sole purpose of earning loot rights, is in direct violation of our code of conduct. This is considered harassment and will be dealt with as such.

The same applies to pocket bosses, which are triggered specifically by a team of players. To lay in wait and then out damage that team for loot rights is griefing, and will be dealt with as harassment.

Effective immediately, any players confirmed to have violated the code of conduct in this manner, will be suspended. Multiple violations could result in a permanent ban.

Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
Community Manager - Anarchy Online
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians
Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Postby Windguaerd » Mon May 01, 2006 11:09 pm

And then there was light...down with griefers!

Long live good raiding! :D
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Forums & Server Mod | AO RecipeBook - Staff

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.
Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Postby Weeping Willow » Wed May 03, 2006 12:36 pm

hooo nice!!!

guess player waiting for a team to kill Uklesh and Kalhum and rushing on Azzy will think twice now ...
Weeping Willow

Postby Snakebite » Wed May 03, 2006 1:34 pm

I'm not sure that Aztur would come into this ruling, he is just a normal mob after all, he just has placeholders...
Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Postby Weeping Willow » Wed May 03, 2006 2:02 pm

hush .... don't say that !!

( I'm not sure either (Even if I find Azzy a boss alrigth :), but let the doubt flower in the hart of the killstealers :) )
Weeping Willow

Postby Morrgann » Wed May 03, 2006 2:49 pm

"However, this does not extend to those NPCs that are triggered specifically by a player or team?â?ó?óÔÇÜ?¼?óÔÇ×?ós work."

Since Aztur is spawned only when Uklesh and Khalum are killed, my interpretation is that Aztur DOES fall in this ruling. It would be nice to have clarification from an ARK or GM on that though, as this can also apply to other NPCs such as Jack Legchopper, on different parts of RK, and even some of the SL mobs as well (the mobs for the Ely Garden/Sanctuary Key quests come to mind).
Morrgann

Postby Trgeorge » Wed May 03, 2006 4:19 pm

RK mobs on PHs with their 20% spawn chance can be a bother. I remember in the days of Mercbot the 12+h marathons to spawn Ota. Clarification surely wouldn't be amiss, but I don't think KSing those mobs is such a random occurance. Possible exception is Jack's Clone, with spawners doing circles on all 5 spawns, but in that case someone coming upon spawned Clone can truelly not know about other player doing those circles. And there's always moral question if 1 player (or team) can claim all 5 spots...
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians
Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Return to News-Corner