Community - Outzone Tests have begun!

Newsentries to be discussed

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Community - Outzone Tests have begun!

Postby Windguaerd » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:38 pm

I must say I got lucky and was in one of today's early tests of the upcoming new outzone area.

Of course this means my article will be delayed, I will be sharing some screenshots I took soon (and hopefully I will get some from others who participated).

So far the size of the new playfield is...well, only one word comes to mind. Gigantic. More tests will take place today, be aware you need to be at least level 215 to be part of the test.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.
Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Postby Windguaerd » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:52 pm

I've done 2 runs into Sector 42, waiting to go in for my 3rd run. Here is a short chat with Silirrion, AO Community Manager during the tests:

To [Silirrion]: Hey bud, you guys gonna fix Unicorn Access Supervisor so he takes encrypted keys?
[Silirrion]: yes, that will be fixed :)
To [silirrion]: great, so far what is your assesement of sector 42?
[Silirrion]: some bugs that need resolving, but overall, looks to be working pretty well as we thought it would
To [Silirrion]: Ah
To [Silirrion]: Anyone alive inside? and how many test runs on RK1 and RK2 today so far?
[Silirrion]: got a raid force in atm, done five or six so far and will do a few more
To [Silirrion]: kk
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.
Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Postby Nyton » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:15 am

Thanks for the screens.
Nyton

Postby Snakebite » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:04 am

There seems to be a lot of combat right by the lift into 42, is this correct?
Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Postby Windguaerd » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:15 am

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Postby Windguaerd » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:24 am

Snakebite wrote:There seems to be a lot of combat right by the lift into 42, is this correct?

Some players got bored and started to attack the Unicorns while waiting for Silirrion and Means to return from take a break to go eat.

When you enter sector 42 it's a safe area unless you move away from where you entered, the entire playfield is FULL of aliens (based on the number of players participating).

More people = more aliens, zerging won't work because if you have 100 players the number of aliens will be so overwhelming that it become increasing difficult (and close to impossible) to fight through.

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Postby Trgeorge » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:54 am

Unfortunatlly if number of aliens is only thing FC did to prevent zerging, it will backfire. More people = more aliens = more axp. Seems that aliens are a bit tougher too, so this faviors DD settings of raids.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians
Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Postby Windguaerd » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:09 am

Trgeorge wrote:Unfortunatlly if number of aliens is only thing FC did to prevent zerging, it will backfire. More people = more aliens = more axp. Seems that aliens are a bit tougher too, so this faviors DD settings of raids.

Test so far (and trust me they got as many 215+ humanly possible) show that zerging doesn't work too well, people die too fast because too many aliens spawn + ambushes. Sure they may last a little while, good axp...but not for long.

The small-mid size raids worked well, people got to the alien tower and got good axp all the way.

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Postby Snakebite » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:13 pm

They should have made a zone cap of 12 or 18 players max...

Never mind on RK2 we had a nice little peaceful raid without all the upper lvls messing it up.
We did Sector 35 with a new (& somewhat hesitent) stand in RL (Greasegirl)... She didn't do too bad...
Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Postby Windguaerd » Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:16 pm

I think 6 teams are the key from what I've experienced. 36 people, with 3 callers (one for every 2 teams) and axp is gained evenly by everyone.

Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Return to News-Corner