487 - Twinking Treatment

Please use the Comment Feature on a guides page!
Mortem

487 - Twinking Treatment

Post by Mortem » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:47 am

Discuss the Article 'Twinking Treatment' on this thread.To view this article, please click here.

Mortem

Post by Mortem » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:47 am

Few potential mistakes I see:
The Key to XX's Garden/Sanctuary image is broken/not present
Omni-Med Suit Shirt and Pants image is broken/not present
Omni-Med Battle Gloves is present in the "Legs" section. Link also leads to gloves, It should be pants instead.
Band of Dog Molars states it buffs 4 treatment, actually buffs 12

Overall its a very comprehensive list, some good work. I think it may be worth considering adding a Minimum level requirement column, or add that info somewhere else in the text to help identify the useful pieces at a glance better. Possibly something along the lines of 175+ and 50+ (Varies) for items that the requirements change as the item level up, stating the required level at the lowest QL that the item is found/available at. Just a thought.

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Re: 487 - Twinking Treatment

Post by Llie » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:16 pm

I fixed the broken images and the spurious extra gloves.

I don't know if it's worth mentioning why the remaining pieces of Biomech Armor Set were left out, because Omni-Med suit provides better buffs than the matching piece of QL 200 Biomech Armor.

I didn't do anything about the level requirements. It's probably worth doing, but will take more time than I had right now.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:38 am

Thanks for fixing those Llie! Should be that guides that have the image problem still, you can just edit and submit the guide again and it will auto-fix them. If that doesn't work, then yeah, manually editing them is necessary :)

While med suits may have more buffs than the biomech, it might be good to add them later. As easy as it seems to get a full med suit, sometimes people are impatient and with really, really bad luck, all of the ships could be missing the pieces. A lot of what he have on the guide have multiple items covering multiple slots where they obviously can't be used at the same time, so that wouldn't be much different. Still most people know better and know how to find a med suit (and it is easiest to get in a new player point of view) so it isn't a huge priority to add the biomech in there.

Level reqs are definitely a bit of a problem since many armor pieces, weapons, tools, etc. can be found in a very large QL range. Could be done for items that only drop in one QL or have a level/side/expansion requirement, if that's helpful.

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:40 am

Silvana wrote:Thanks for fixing those Llie! Should be that guides that have the image problem still, you can just edit and submit the guide again and it will auto-fix them. If that doesn't work, then yeah, manually editing them is necessary :)
The original guide had images uploaded somewhere, but those images are gone now, but easily replaced with the correct imageicon.

The problem with the extra gloves is simply that the gloves were one item id off from the correct item. Anyhow, an easy fix. I'll look at where it would be appropriate to add level or title-level requirements in the notes field. One or two items in the guide specifies level/title-level requirements.

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:35 am

Added level and title level requirements where appropriate.

keune

Post by keune » Wed May 06, 2015 9:56 am

Loving hands +4 Treatment

Saavick
AOU Content Editor

Post by Saavick » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:21 am

I have updated this guide with the following changes:
  • Removed dead link to AO Trickle Down Calculator.
  • Fixed dead link to implant helper.
  • Added highlights to the cluster overview to make them more noticable.
  • Removed the tip that Improved Cut Red Tape buffs intelligence - it doesn't anymore.
  • Added the Stripped Merit Board from the Reck.
  • Added the Sigil of Samael.
  • Corrected the level requirement on the Prototype Cyborg Token Board to 120, because the quest requires that level.
  • Updated the note for Standard Medical Epaulet; it can now be worn by non-doctors.
  • Updated drop info for Standard Medical Epaulet; added Griefing Uncle Pumpkinhead.
  • Added Notum-Threaded Omni-Med Suit Sleeves. (The link will start working soon™ when our local items db is updated).
  • Updated drop info on Docaholic's Ring.
  • Updated the note on Doctor - Sugarfree Rum; it's no longer from the trader shop.
  • Fixed the icon for the Stationary Surgery Clinic Effect.
  • Replaced the text "SFA" with an item link.

Saavick
AOU Content Editor

Post by Saavick » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:43 pm

The link for Notum-Threaded Omni-Med Suit Sleeves now works :)