Community - AOU Update July 2009

Newsentries to be discussed

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Community - AOU Update July 2009

Postby Ukblizzard » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:00 pm

I'll just jump straight in and get on with it this month.. if anyone has missed what we have been doing, then where have you been?!!

AOU MOD
Woweeee! Scene certainly surpassed my expectations with this last release and I am extremely happily using one of the Slimline versions as my regular GUI! If you have no idea what I am talking about I best give you a bit of a summary...

The latest version of the AOU MOD utilizes the new multi-GUI-choice feature that was implemented into the 18.1 patch, which also means that the standard default GUI folder does not get altered at all. This basically means that Scene was able to include variations of the AOU GUI Mod and put them all into one package. To use it, you can access the menu in game, select which GUI you want to use.. and then as soon as you restart the game that the GUI you have chosen will take effect. How simple is that compared to having to mess about with your settings!

The GUI enables you to have a smaller raid window, gives you options to switch off any part of the GUI found in the Settings window, under "Control Centre", has menu buttons for voice packs supported by the GUI and also a custom map menu allowing you to switch to any custom map you have downloaded and that are part of this menu.

We now have quite a few screenshots in our gallery, which you can access here: http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?site=gallery&id=54

Clicksaver
My fantastic husband Uragon, avid user of Clicksaver, was pretty quick off the mark for fixing the issue caused with the update to the 18.1 patch. I have to give him a lot of credit because he really did sit at it until it was working and he had responded to the feedback in the AO Forums and over here at AOU.

The team are still in discussions about the future of Clicksaver with AO Universe and talking about whether we have the time to dedicate to the project. Ariensky is already working on an update to the guide in our knowledge base and Uragon has a few ideas he could envisage working on... but we will have to see what the future holds!

Knowledge Base
As always, work in this area never stops. We are continually adding new guides and going over old guides. Thank you to everyone who has contacted us over this last month with some issues that have been spotted.

We have a vast list of new guides we want to work on and an even bigger list of guides we would like to do more work on. At least it keeps Niodemus and Quilluck out of trouble!

Articles / Rubi Ka Times / RP Driven things
Windguaerd has been busy with his Rimor based ?óÔé¼?ôSworn to Secrecy?óÔé¼?Ø storyline and also the ?óÔé¼?ôWords of Wisdom?óÔé¼?Ø editions. Rubi-Ka Times has had a lot of Atlantean driven articles published but we seem a little lacking in Rimor driven articles. We welcome people to submit articles from any faction on any server!

Many of the AOU team attended Anarchy Onlines 8th Birthday Celebration in Reets, we would again very much like to thank ARK and GSP for throwing such a fun party and also the FC team for keeping AO alive.
Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Re: Community - AOU Update July 2009

Postby Fourthaid » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:56 pm

Ukblizzard wrote:At least it keeps Niodemus and Quilluck out of trouble!

It does? :twisted:
[img]http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/2554/sigfourthaid.jpg[/img]
General of Transcendence
Fourthaid
AOU Content Editor

Postby Ukblizzard » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:08 pm

Ok.. better phrased..

"It keeps Niodemus and Quilluck from getting in as much trouble as they might otherwise without this distraction"

better? :)
Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Postby Fourthaid » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:13 pm

That is acceptable.
[img]http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/2554/sigfourthaid.jpg[/img]
General of Transcendence
Fourthaid
AOU Content Editor

Postby Niodemus » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:31 pm

Ukblizzard wrote:Ok.. better phrased..

"It keeps Niodemus and Quilluck from getting in as much trouble as they might otherwise without this distraction"

better? :)

Quilluck wrote:That is acceptable.

I don't get in trouble ... really.... well oookay... you may have a different definition of trouble... at least I don't see me in trouble at all.. ever ;)
Niodemus
AOU Content Editor

Return to News-Corner