Community - AOU Update June 2009

Newsentries to be discussed

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Community - AOU Update June 2009

Postby Ukblizzard » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:18 pm

Almost half way through the year already!

This last month perhaps it would have been nice to sit back a bit and take some well deserved time to ourselves, but even when the sun is shining and the weather is nice, the AO Universe team as a whole never seem to stop. Lots has been happening and so I guess I should just get on and fill you all in on what has happened throughout May.

Articles, News and Interviews
Unfortunately, Noticiero decided this last month to hang up his reporters badge and has sadly retired from reporting within the Rubi Ka Exclusive and for Rubi Ka Times. Noticiero has been with the team since the very beginning in 2005 and there will be a gap without him, so I hope you will all join me in wishing him all the best for the future.

On a happier note, however, we have welcomed a new reporter to our team ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ Sakkar, and we hope to be able to read some high quality, in depth articles and interviews from him very soon.

Continuing on with news and more specifically usergroups, I hope that all members of the Rubi-Ka Times news group have noticed that their forum accesses have been upgraded and that it is now possible to discuss your articles within the group and with other members from the AO Universe team.

Windguaerd has been incredibly busy this last month and has not only been releasing more of his ?óÔé¼?ôWords of Wisdom?óÔé¼?Ø comic strip (You can view this in our gallery here : click) but he has also released a new mini voice pack which you can find here : click

Multimedia
On Saturday, I am sure many of you noticed that version 1.0.0 of the AOU mod was released, if you didn't you can read the news here. Within the news I mentioned that I was going to try to get some information from SceneGG about his future plans regarding even more work that he wants to put into making GUI's. The plan so far is to have an Omni version which will be an updated version of the already available OP GUI (click here to go to the download section), in addition he has stated he would like to work on a Clan "Vanguard" version. It is assumed he will also create a Neutral version although a name for this has not been released yet.

Another area Scene wants to concentrate on is making a "slimline" version of the current AOU Mod. It is envisioned that this will have smaller buttons for the menus and that some of the bigger graphical areas of the current AOU Mod will be either reduced or removed. All I can recommend at this point is to keep checking back for updates.. I am positive, knowing Scene, that it wont take him long when he gets his teeth stuck into it.

AO Towers
Incredibly unfortunately this last month, Totenmacher decided that he would have to stop running the towers site. The AO Towers site was integrated into AOU via the original website and we did not run it on our servers. We did as a team offer to look into keeping it running however we are still waiting to hear back from Totenmacher. We are very sorry to loose this resource for the community and are still hoping that there will be new possibilities in the future.

As always, there are lots of small projects on going, loads of work is being done to the knowledge base and generally there is enough to keep us busy for the rest of forever. If you want to get involved, you know where to find us!
Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Return to News-Corner