Community - Support this thread

Newsentries to be discussed

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Community - Support this thread

Postby Windguaerd » Mon May 11, 2009 4:08 am

I have written a very detailed suggestion for the redesign of the official AO website, you can find the thread I posted at the Officlal AO Forums here: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... p?t=553078

I would like for Means, the AO Game Director to take notice of this thread, so I ask AOU visitors to give it a bump please. Also feedback on the suggestion is welcomed.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Forums & Server Mod | AO RecipeBook - Staff

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.
Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Postby CylieBurke » Tue May 12, 2009 1:05 am

So I received my AOU newsletter today. And all it said was the same thing this post is about.

No offense but that's kinda much. I realize you have an opinion, but don't you think posting about in several places and then using the emailing list thats for newsletter is overboard?

People see you make a post, if they agree with it they'll say so.

If I keep getting newsletters that only consists of asking me to do a favor I think I will unsubscribe.
CylieBurke

Postby Snakebite » Tue May 12, 2009 2:29 am

The AOU Newsletters contain newsworthy clips from the AOU website.
That said, we can't always have a great list of news.
Judging by the response on the official forums (forwhich I've lost my password damnit), it seems to have sparked off some discussion.
Adding this post to the newsletter was just another way to bring the community together on an item, not everyone reads either the official forums (I know I certainly don't, I'm too busy elsewhere) or indeed ALL of our forums! I read EVERY post made on AOU (because I have to) but that doesn't mean everyone else does.

If the Newsletters are anoying, by all means feel free to unsubscribe to them, they're just a notification of various topics, if you read all our output like I do then there's no actual reason for you to be subscribed to them. They're just as I say a way to contact members who DON'T read everything here.

Thanks.
Snakebite AOU Mod

Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!
Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Postby CylieBurke » Tue May 12, 2009 8:05 pm

Well you have a point I guess.

However..I still feel its attention whoring. I mean yes the original post did spark conversation, which makes me think its even more pointless to waste the AOU newsletter.

And yes I agree it can be hard to get news to actually print a newsletter. So I say dont print it unless you have some good stuff. I mean thats what a newsletter is if you ask my opinion.

But if your team see it as being a good way to bring attention to posts on the AO Forums, then by all means continue.
CylieBurke

Return to News-Corner