Community - My enjoyable downtime

Newsentries to be discussed

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Community - My enjoyable downtime

Postby Windguaerd » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:09 pm

Well, as many of you I ended up looking at an unexpected downtime. Of course I wasn't too thrilled, but hey if it fixes the bugs from the previous patch, I'd be happy.

So while I was posting in the official forums and doing some AOU stuff, DHL knocks on my door with a pretty big package from Sydney, Australia... yeah, Kangaroo country. I could not think why would I get anything from over there until I opened the box (which was pretty big).

I opened it and realized what it was, a framed AO poster!

Well, there is a story behind it. Many years ago azyh (formally wiiky) ran a pre-game AO fan site and had some old AO promo gear he wanted to see it go to AO fans.

I had made a comment about the framed poster, next thing he asked me for a shipping address, and I couldn't decline. I've uploaded a few pics of the mounted poster in our Gallery in the Windguaerd's Corner folder.

Thanks a lot azyh! You just made the downtime more enjoyable than I could ever imagine.

PS: I got wife aggro for hammering a nail on the wall while she was sleeping, but I had to put this frame by my desk asap!
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.
Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Postby Scene » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:18 pm

wow nice!
Scene
AOU Community Legend

Postby Snakebite » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:14 am

Oh my...!

Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!
Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Return to News-Corner