Newsentries to be discussed

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Patch - 17.8.2.

Postby Trgeorge » Tue May 06, 2008 1:21 pm

From login:
2008-05-06 10:56:09 UTC
Upcoming Downtime
Greetings citizens of Rubi-Ka,

All Dimensions will be coming down Wednesday, May 7th, at 7:30 GMT for an update. The expected downtime is 4 hours.

The Funcom Support Team

You can read here exactly what does Fc plan to do.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians
Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Postby KLAUN » Sat May 31, 2008 6:48 pm

i can not done patching of the AO with patch_v_17.8.2 .. my ao patcher is not able to download it through itself + i can not find any downloadable manula patches 17.8.2 :( :( :evil: :cry:
KLAUN

Postby Trgeorge » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:49 pm

I tried to direct you to ftp servers, but strangely they don't have versions 17.8.2. or higher either...or I'm blind. ( ftp://ftp.funcom.com/cd/patches/)

I'd try to look around for patch some more, but if unsucessfull, you'll prolly have to resort to downloading latest p2p version and patching from then on.

Edit: OH, which client are you using? Small or large?
Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Postby Trgeorge » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:05 pm

Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Postby Stevieb » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:54 pm

WTB release date of new patch.....and a final content of it, pretty please
Stevieb

Postby Ukblizzard » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:59 am

Its already been stated that it will come with the birthday celebrations which is sometime around June 27th :)
Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Postby Stevieb » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:47 am

your avatar picture thing always makes me think your angry :P
ok cool, i just havent seen a post for release date anywhere, but thats cool thanks, same weekend of glastonbury festival :O :P

and are there any links you can give me for finalised content of this patch?
Stevieb

Postby Ukblizzard » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:31 pm

No can do, finalised content is usually only confirmed on patch day / with patch download. All the other links in the news corner over here that relate to 17.9 should give you a good idea on roughly whats happening though.

Oh and I am usually happy, that avatar just looks a little attitudey.. yep happy most of the time... especially when people in my guild give me a chocolate cake for no reason :)
Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Postby Stevieb » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:08 pm

Ukblizzard wrote:No can do, finalised content is usually only confirmed on patch day / with patch download.

'usually' ;P
can we tell me now? please please :P
chocolate cake is good
il give you cake for what fixers get in new patch, and why its any use :D
Stevieb

Postby Ukblizzard » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:53 pm

If I was from Funcom, I doubt even chocolate cake would be allowed to be able to persuade me... however as I am not, then I dont know any more than you do about next patch content.. which is basically whatever Silirrion / the community team put on the official AO site / forums and then I link to in our news :)
Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Postby Trgeorge » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:54 pm

On the topic of future content:
We get info from TestLive servers. Those are open to everyone and as such there probably wouldn't be any problem with providing detailed info in advance. However, there are usually minor changes as it is when patch in question hits live servers (for example: minor changes to locations of NPCs, additional rewards...), so if you combine this with how devs might react to guides, we preffer to release (more or less accurate) info at times when it's too late for last minute changes :).

If you're that courious about new content, I suggest you get AOduplicator, create new toon (or copy existing one) to TestLive server and check it for yourself. If you're follow some basic ethiquete, I can guarante you'll be welcomed by community there, as well as you'll help get more smooth patch on live.
Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Bout my AO

Postby Lazy-Loc » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:37 pm

I have a small client
When i patch about 4 hours into it
it tells me AO needs to restart to finish patching process etc.
so it restarts
and my option instead of login button is,
you guessed it,
patch.
so i patch again!!!
and same thing happens!!!
so i followed this pattern for about 4 times which is roughly 15 hours....
and still it wont patch...
i've tried manually patching but same thing happens.
it seems its patched successfully but some sort of server is done
so it wont change my button from patch to login
because i have the 17.8.2 files in my patch folder
just cant login.
any suggestions/help?
[img]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z119/Vincent552/LazyLocSigBackup1.png[/img]

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
Lazy-Loc

Postby Trgeorge » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:49 pm

Does it says it's 17.8.2. on your client? (on top it shuld read: Ananrchy Online - Local Version: 17.8.2. - Remote Version 17.8.2.)

If yes, it appears your client got corrupted somewhere in the process of patching (or maybe your router is restricting certain ports, check for 7012-7013, 7500-7600). If that's the case, you'll have to start instalation anew.
Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Postby Lazy-Loc » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:35 pm

local is 17.8.0
and remote is 17.8.2
now it patches quickly since i got a more updated client, but it always after a few minutes of patching and says cant find patch on patch specified servers or something
what does that mean?
[img]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z119/Vincent552/LazyLocSigBackup1.png[/img]

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
Lazy-Loc

Postby Lazy-Loc » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:36 pm

and idk anything about routers and ports

(\_/)
(O.o)
Lazy-Loc

Next

Return to News-Corner