Universal Gridfeed - New community manager

Newsentries to be discussed

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Universal Gridfeed - New community manager

Postby Trgeorge » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:45 am

Official forums got new guy in the charge (We\'ll see if he can master some of the trolls). You can read what FC did to Pharamond here http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... p?t=523528

Pharamond wrote:A Changing of the Guard

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For me, this is a day of mixed emotions.

On the one hand, I'm stepping down from my position as Community Manager. I've followed Anarchy Online since it was in beta, and it was a real honor to be able to work on it, as well as Funcom's other projects. And going through the past few months with you guys has been a real treat. AO is well-loved here within the office, and working with Sil and the rest of the guys has been a real treat.

However, I'm not leaving Funcom entirely. I'm shifting to a new position within the marketing department to focus on creative things. And I intend to continue playing AO, even pwning some of you n00bs every now and then, on the increasingly rare occasion of me having free time.

Taking my spot will be Oliver "Tarib" Kunz, who has been busy working with the German community and will now take over here on the English forums. He's already been easing into his new role, talking to Sil daily, and monitoring all the forums and stuff I used to do on a daily basis. I wish you all well, and I will be gunning for hawt new PVP titles, so keep an eye out.

Shannon 'Pharamond' Drake
Guy That Writes Stuff ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ Funcom

Tarib wrote:Since early 2007, I?óÔé¼Ôäóve been working at Funcom as the German community manager and I really enjoyed being there for our German community. It?óÔé¼Ôäós been a huge pleasure and I?óÔé¼Ôäóve met and worked with many incredibly nice people. My chance to ?óÔé¼?ôoversee?óÔé¼?Ø the English community means that I won?óÔé¼Ôäót be around for the German community as much as before. But don?óÔé¼Ôäót worry, we will have a great new German Community Manager for you guys very soon. Until then, I?óÔé¼Ôäóm still there for you.

Pharamond will be dearly missed, I know. But he promised to be back in-game every once in a while so we don?óÔé¼Ôäót have to live completely without his witty remarks.

Now I?óÔé¼Ôäóm really looking forward to enter the English AO community and serving as one of your direct connections to Funcom and the developers. Not much will change for you, though. We still have the same experienced and keen moderators and community staff and I will try to continue the great work Pharamond did on these fourms. You guys sure are an interesting lot and I?óÔé¼Ôäóm looking forward to working with you in the future.

Oli 'Tarib' Kunz
Community Manager
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians
Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Return to News-Corner