Community - Froob program continues

Newsentries to be discussed

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Community - Froob program continues

Postby Trgeorge » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:44 pm

Free Anarchy Online Continues In 2008

We?óÔé¼Ôäóre happy to announce that due to the steady growth and outstanding contribution of our free players to the community, we?óÔé¼Ôäóre extending the free play program for another year.

We?óÔé¼Ôäóll also continue supporting the froob players with improved content and some nice treats throughout the year, and we?óÔé¼Ôäód like to thank you all for making this program a resounding success.

From http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/anarc ... le=CONTENT

FC also announced some server tweaks this weekend, so "While we're not anticipating any downtime, you may experience some sporadic latency and connection issues while they go about their business. ".
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians
Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Postby Uragon » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:32 pm

Who would have thought... :lol:
Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Postby Dagget » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:27 pm

After the 1st year of free accounts they-might- have gotten away with canceling the program but now it is an ingrained component of the game. Removing free play now would massively disrupt regular paying players who have untold billions of credits worth of gear on free account 'mules'. In the past they had announced continuation of the fr00b program months in advance but I suspect from here out it will be a simple note like posted above, put out each January.
~\_/~\_O
Dagget

Postby Windguaerd » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:19 pm

I got a feeling a few fr00bs may have gotten nervous at the last moment notice, heh.
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.
Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Postby OTdude » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:49 am

lol, ya.

i will admit i was very nervous the first time ive seen that message "the Froob program will be cancled and January __, ____.

but not im just over it, i no they wont cancle it, they will run the risk of too many ppl quitting the game.
OTdude

Postby Koudman » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:26 pm

Yes, they would lose all the money, which the froobs, who wanted to buy expansions, would have payed. And they 100% know that. hehe.
And, after a couple of years announcing about the canceling of the froob program, and FC not doing it, I think most of the long-term froobs are not worried about it anymore. So, we should be good this year and they just might defer the froob program 8)

Ooooh, and they said that there's gonna be some nice stuff coming for froobs this year... Exp raise? Perennium beamers and blasters froob friendly? :P
[img]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z25/cukats/204366c995e97edf79ebeadf74070504.gif[/img]
Koudman

Postby OTdude » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:04 pm

OOOOooo... that'd be nice.

My fix needs new she (yes, my fix is a girl, big deal) has QL105 MTI Russian Gooddays at level 60 and begging for some better weapons!!

Plus my soldier is needing a better weap than a div9
OTdude

Postby Snakebite » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:15 am

OTdude wrote:... she (yes, my fix is a girl, big deal)...

This is bottom line, an RPG, guys having female characters is far from strange... Most of my characters are female...

Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!
Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Postby Uragon » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:58 am

Man pixels alert! :)
Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Postby Snakebite » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:32 pm

Piff...

Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!
Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Return to News-Corner