Community - Free SL Expansion!

Newsentries to be discussed

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Community - Free SL Expansion!

Postby Windguaerd » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:23 pm

Looks like Funcom is giving subscribers Shadowlands for FREE in their latest marketing offer:

Dear Citizen of Rubi-Ka,

Your account can now be upgraded to Shadowlands at no cost!
Read on to learn how to get this limited time offer.

To take advantage of this great free offer, the upgrade must be done between Thursday March 22th 2007 and Thursday 12th of April 2007.

Here are some features offered in Shadowlands:

- Expand your character past level 200 with 20 additional character levels.

- Specializations & Perks. Get access to new character development and combat options that take your character one step further with the introduction of perks, profession specialization and special attacks.

- Amazing new playfields with a wide variety of awesome new creatures to fight, and bosses to defeat.

- Expansive new quests to explore throughout the Shadowlands.

- Two new professions. Experience the strength and protective auras of the righteous Keepers to the stealth and damage of the agile Shades

- A vast array of new armor, weapons and other items to take your character to the next level.

If you\'d like more information about Shadowlands, we invite you to find out more at: http://www.anarchy-online.com/content/game/shadowlands/ or to view the Shadowlands trailers available at
http://www.anarchy-online.com/content/d ... /trailers/.

Ready to upgrade?
Simply log into your account at https://register.funcom.com and choose to \"Upgrade to Shadowlands\". If you require additional files to take advantage of this offer please visit:
http://www.anarchy-online.com/content/downloads/tryout/ .

NOTE! Upgrading an account is permanent and cannot be reversed.

We thank you again for joining Anarchy Online and hope you will remain with us for many years to come.

Sincerely
The Anarchy Online Team

* Upgrading your subscription requires that your account has your payment details. Subscription fees starting as low as $7.95 per month for a full year plan paid in advance.

You are receiving this email because you have told us you would like to get information about our game, Anarchy Online. To unsubscribe, just reply to this e-mail or send an email to Promos@funcom.com

Physical Address: Funcom, Drammensveien 167, Oslo, 0277 Norway
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Founder (Retired) | AO RecipeBook - Founder (Retired)

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.
Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Postby Uragon » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:52 pm

I personally would be careful about that one, I prefer the actions that give you all expansions for a low price instead. If you upgrade to Shadowlands for free, you're stuck with a pay account, and if you later on want Lost Eden or Alien Invasion, you end up paying 30ish ?óÔÇÜ?¼/$ for each one of them...
Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Postby Tepamina » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:26 pm

I agree, they tend to alternate between this offer, and the all expansions for $10 deal. While Shadowlands is by far the best expansion to get if you're only getting one, getting all of them for a low price is the biggest bang for your buck.
Tepamina

Postby Trgeorge » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:45 am

Let's see....
Cost of expansion (not counting monthly charge, thsi is after all what FC is after)
Classic AO - free
Notum Wars - free
Shadowlands - limited free offer
Alien Expansion - around 30 $
Lost Eden - around 30$ (comes with all expansions)

From this view, you don't really have much to lose. I kinda doubt LE will be free anytime soon. And if you're interested in aliens, you'll pay 30$ anyway.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians
Trgeorge
AOU Community Legend

Postby Gimpeline » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:22 am

If you upgrade to shadowlands for free you have to pay 30$ for AI + 30$ for LE = 60$

If you don't upgrade to SL, but instead upgrade to all Expansions, you get all of them for 30$
Gimpeline
LPA Founder

Postby Uragon » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:45 am

You typically get them all for something like ?óÔÇÜ?¼/$ 9.95. And Trgeorge, don't forget that with the limited free offer, your account immediately becomes a paid account. So Funcom will most likely make you pay even for the first month after you upgraded your account for free. Those "all expansions" deals typically come with one month of free game time included. At least the one I took did. :)
Uragon
AOU Community Legend

Return to News-Corner