Powergaming - apfbot and the Inferno Generation

Newsentries to be discussed

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Powergaming - apfbot and the Inferno Generation

Postby Windguaerd » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:41 pm

Due to Inferno Missions giving a more adecuate (and maybe more) amount of XP/SK, there is a large number of players who are practically hitting the 205 mark at a fast pace and joining the well know Atlantean Server raid bot known as apfbot (clan players only).

This would be good for raids, higher amount of survival with more players participating...if they were smart enough to read and abide by the afpbot rules, or respect the raidleaders instructions during a raid.

Of course, it\'s not the case. With people grinding so fast that they are not learning their proffessions and role in a team properly, they also aren\'t learning that high level raiding requires not only organization, but a basic understanding of the raid rules which vary depending on which apf section is being raided. Some join apfbot at 205, and dont even know what apf is, or it\'s location!

With all that aside, the role of raidleader has always been clear, you listen to the person running a raid, because it\'s very likely he knows what is doing better than you. RL is a position to be respected, if he says wait....you wait...you don\'t start pulling mobs...yet this is what is happening.

So, the first thing is, if you want axp and phatz....LEARN THE RULES!

You can learn all you need at the APFbot forums here courtesy of Clan Redemption. When you join apfbot be sure to use the command !rules and...read them.

Heckler Generation, now Inferno Generation....what\'s next? Leet Generation? bleh!
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Forums & Server Mod | AO RecipeBook - Staff

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.
Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Postby Snakebite » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:59 pm

This I think will always be a problem, since even before the Inf bonus it was apparently possible to drag a new char up to lvl220 in a month!!!

Bottom line is obviously, if you don't know, ask... I'm wondering if these kinds of people would just plug in a table saw & have a go without reading the instructions first?

However, I've noticed a LOT of people recently at fairly high lvls that still only have one chat box, doing this doesn't supprise me at all when they don't listen to commands!

Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!
Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Postby Leetluv » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:16 pm

Meh i have a 193 doc and i use one chat box, i just bar all other channels except team and bot during raids, seems to work fine, i dont think i could handel the clutter from 3 or 4 chatboxes
Let them hate us! So long as they fear us!

Borealis: we came for the clammers! and we stay for the protesters
Leetluv

Postby Snakebite » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:00 pm

Make a new chat box, put org chat, team, current bot, vicinity, team loot messages and /tells into it...

Remove these channels from the original box along with all the other crap like OOC & Jap OOC & stuff like that...
Then add Vicinity loot messages...
Then remove text imput from this box also...
Move it to where you want it & then make it borderless again & call it 'System'...

Move the other one to where you want it, leave it with a border and text imput and call it 'Chat'...

Now it gets complicated...

Make a 3rd chat window & call it Shopping...
Make it recieve org chat, team, current bot, vicinity, /tells and all the shopping channels... (you want the other stuff so you don't miss what's happening in org or stuff...

Now right click on the name tab and left click it into your 'Chat' window...
You should now have a 'Tabbed' window (one window with 2 tabbs in it...)

Try it out, System holds damage & system messages so it doesn't spam up your chat, so you can actualy see what's going on in your proper chat...!

I'm wondering if I should make my chat box files available... Khuri, what do you think?

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Postby Leetluv » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:45 am

:shock: /me feels n00bish
Let them hate us! So long as they fear us!

Borealis: we came for the clammers! and we stay for the protesters
Leetluv

Postby Snakebite » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:46 am

Basicaly... Play with it, you'll find a setup that suits you...

But you'll NEVER go back to using one window!!!

Shift+C opens the chat config window...

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Back to the Point

Postby muce86 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:33 pm

Although I appreciate your commenatary Snake, let's try to get back to the real issue.

First: At this rate, FC will have to do something about the rediculous xp being gained. If you can beat this game in a month, yes I am aware its doable, then what is the point in playing at all. If WOW players hit 60 in one more, then they wouldnt be the big RPG that they are.

Second: I think the real issue with the level 200/20/30'ers is that they are not taking time to learn about and enjoy their character. Leading to, usually, a misuse or a lack of respect for other 220's that spent 3 years getting there.
muce86

Postby Snakebite » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:44 pm

Remember, I said it was possible to get there in a month with the OLD way of doing it...

Ok, FC could nerf the xp/sk, but for those of us that spend 3 years getting there, how long will it take?

This is the way it was supposed to run to begin with, FC just made it work properly!

If it's any consolation, there's still (to my knowlage) no way to power level to AI30, just grind the missions!
My Engi is 220/20 & it's going realy, REALY slowly now lol.
The new AI missions are all very nice, but (unless it was borked & is now fixed) don't give 'uber' AIxp (don't think I saw a single bright red alium in there)...
Sooooo... Grind away at that...?

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Postby Xuell » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:53 pm

Is the bot a Clan bot only or Neutrals can join also??????
Xuell

Postby Snakebite » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:28 pm

Most Clan bots are Clan only...
This is because on Dim2 there have been many Neutrals in the past 'working' for Omni and disrupting various raids unfortunately :?

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Postby Windguaerd » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:04 am

apfbot is NO MORE.

apfnet is the current clan APF bot in Atlantean (RK-1).
Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
AO Universe - Site Founder (Retired) | AOSpeak - Forums & Server Mod | AO RecipeBook - Staff

Keep in mind: My posts/views are not representative of AO-Universe in any way, shape or form. They are my own personal views and thoughts.
Windguaerd
AOU Community Legend

Postby Xuell » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:12 pm

Snakebite wrote:Most Clan bots are Clan only...
This is because on Dim2 there have been many Neutrals in the past 'working' for Omni and disrupting various raids unfortunately :?

Well I'm a neutral shade, but I keep try to good contacts with both, omni and clan, sides. Makes the gameplay much easier:P
Xuell

Return to News-Corner