Help please.

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Sverion

Help please.

Post by Sverion » Wed May 13, 2015 10:30 am

i can't open Shadowland map. It says "Error can't load shadowlandmap.txt". Whats that about?

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Re: Help please.

Post by Llie » Wed May 13, 2015 3:19 pm

Something got broken in your AO installation.

The default ShadowLands map should be found in <your AO install directory>\cd_image\textures\PlanetMap\Shadowlands\ShadowlandsMap.txt

If that file has gone missing, file's permission has changed, or file has become corrupted, you will get that error.

If the file is indeed broken or missing, you'll need to replace it. You can also try switching to a different map, such as the AoSL map made by Onack.

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Fri May 15, 2015 5:34 am

I just wnt through this yesterday, seems I have 2 Funcom folders, and the one I had placed the maps in was not the right one.
for me it was confusing, I don't know actually which one I'm playing from

So you may want to look for another funcom folder . . just another possible option, at least it was for me

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Sun May 17, 2015 11:48 am

They changed things September of last year to where AO uses the AppData folder. It caused more than a few issues, and while some had no problem with it, others still had to use the old folder. No clue why. Ended up with a lot of double installing of mods and such just to cover the bases.