Problem with Clicksaver 2.3.5

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

V-DCLXVI

Problem with Clicksaver 2.3.5

Post by V-DCLXVI » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:07 pm

Having just come back to AO after taking a break of around a year or so, I updated my Clicksaver to 2.3.5 from the AOU downloads section but I cannot seem to get it working. It won't pop up automatically when rolling for missions and if I open it manually it will click "Request Missions" once but then stops without selecting any missions and the "Buying Agent is running" window stays open until I click "Stop."

I set up Clicksaver using the guides and all the settings are as they should be, trying to run it in compatibility mode and as an administrator (I have Win7 64 bit) also doesn't work. I believe i've read every single guide, help file and forum thread but still nothing works :(..although I never had any problems at all with 2.3.4.

Any help will be greatly appreciated
Cheers!

Arriviste

Re: Problem with Clicksaver 2.3.5

Post by Arriviste » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:25 pm

Don't use Clicksaver myself (MishBuddy), but I recently read that playing the game in windowed mode was part of the solution for one user.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:20 am

I never had luck with clicksaver and full screen mode. I think the problem is the way the game sees the mouse, either as a system mouse, or as a client-side mouse. I never quite understood it, but from what I do get, when you're in full screen, the drivers for the mouse work differently.

So yeah, if you haven't tried it in windowed mode, you might want to give that a try.

Morgo
AOU Content Editor

Post by Morgo » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:37 pm

Clicksaver have concisely had problems with full screen so if you can run it in windowed mode you possibly will have greater luck with that.
Veteran Dark "Morgo" Padawan :: Devil Inside :: EnforcerImage

Trisoldoc

Post by Trisoldoc » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:20 am

I am only able to run it properly in Window mode
Trisoldoc

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:38 am

I'm bummed, I copied my 2.3.5 from my old HDD, to this new one, and it wants to update, no problems but it will not update.
so figured I would just uninstall and do a fresh download, so I did a google and see a version 3.0.0 ? Would I want to download that version ? or is it really still 2.3.5

I down loaded that Mishbuddy that Arrivista mentioned, but when I went to install it was asking for a disk to continue, so, guess for my impatiens of looking up what I did wrong, I will not be trying out MishBuddy , maybe later

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:22 am

From what I understand, the newer version is something that someone did without permission and has issues, with the version on AOU being the only official release.

Anyone is free to correct me on that though.

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:46 am

ahhh, okay

well just coming back to say I have 2.3.5 working, was reading it wrong while it was updating, so was closing it everytime it was doing an update :?
All good for me now :top:

SgtMud

Post by SgtMud » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:56 am

Clicksaver is crashing the game client, for me. I downloaded the AO client this past weekend (been away from the game for a couple of years) and then downloaded Clicksaver 2.3.5 today. Ran the update for Clicksaver. Launch AO, get to a mission terminal, fire up Clicksaver and about 3 seconds later AO crashes. I'm up for suggestion. Thanks

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:36 am

I think it was last week I was chatting with someone in the game they have a version 2.4.something.
But I never saw an option to download a 2.4 version, just the 3.0
SgtMud wrote:Clicksaver is crashing the game client, for me. I downloaded the AO client this past weekend (been away from the game for a couple of years) and then downloaded Clicksaver 2.3.5 today. Ran the update for Clicksaver. Launch AO, get to a mission terminal, fire up Clicksaver and about 3 seconds later AO crashes. I'm up for suggestion. Thanks
are you running in full screen or windows mode ?

Start clicksaver before launching AO

I had a problem like that a few years back (when I last played before returning), but cannot recall what I did to fix that, but it was the exact same problem.But Maybe what I did was uninstalled and downloaded again, because the first download was corrupted

SgtMud

Post by SgtMud » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:07 am

I've been running AO in a window as opposed to full screen.
AO still crashes, even with Clicksaver already running.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:57 am

Are you sure that it is ClickSaver causing it? There's nothing in clicksaver that should cause this to happen, it only puts information in, clicks a specific area and reads the resulting information. If you can reproduce the crash without CS running, then it's something to bring up on the official forum. I really can't imagine CS causing this.

Keep us informed though :)

StO_Odge

Post by StO_Odge » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:10 pm

Hi all :oops:

First post for me in the AOU forums so, let me first say i've been a frequent visitor of AOU since 2010 and i whish to say a big big big thank you to all the people involved in it, as i've found a whole world of usefull informations here about AO: keep the nice work going :top: .
Let me say sorry in advance for my english syntax, as i do not live in an english-speaking country, i my own can feel the lack of knowledge/vocabulary and sometimes i may result in errors and "twisted" or wrong constructions : be easy on me please :P

That said; I've read on the official AO forums http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... p?t=598983 about the clicksaver problem after the advent of 18.5.0 patch, and i've tried to follow what suggested by darkbane in there; seems as if for someone CS is fixed, but i have not been able to get it at full work again; indeed now i can hook missions in cs but there has been no way i could use again the buying agent feature.

From the forementioned thread seems as some issues are linked with the OS people are using: i'm playing AO under win XP service pack 2, and that's maybe why i'm in trouble, as for win7-8 users things are going smoothly (apparently). This is what i've done so far:

1) Donwloaded and installed from AOU tools section the 2.3.5 release of CS.

2) After the CS buiding database process i've installed the darkbane's fixing .exe and .dll, updating to what darkbane referred to be a 2.4.0 release : this has brought to no fix at all!

3) Went back to 2.3.5 and tried it "freshly-new" without updating: for this to work i had to manually copy paste the old "all.cdb" file from my outdated-cs directory: this resulted in cs hooking again as i manually roll a new mission, but at first i got a nasty " ao is not running" error window, popping up after each roll; you can ignore this window and roll a new mission but i found that you can overcome the problem disabling in the cs options panel the "Select Match" ( SM from now on) voice: this is a sort of switch, if the SM is disabled you got no window error popping up, as soon as you activate SM, you got the window error popping again!

4) Regarding buying agent: if SM is active before you start agent ----> "ao is not running" and it won't even do a single roll; if SM i disabled, buying agent is able to roll once but then it is frosted doing nothing.

I've asked many times in public channels in game if someone under win-XP has been able to restore cs completely to work and never had a single answer; i don't know why, but i'm not able to properly get to work the other popular application (not going to write the name of it cause i do not know if it's permitted) for rolling missions so i'm all hooked to cs for this purpose. As a fr00b player i'm not even able to partecipate on the official forums so i could not share my personal experience in the thread about it. I was wondering then if this bit of infos i have provided can result in been usefull for someone else but, first of all, i was wondering if any winXP user here has been able to fix definitely cs and could be so kind to share the knowledge. So... sorry for the huge post and thanks to whoever is going to enlight me about this matter.

Have fun all and see you in game.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:57 pm

Thank you for all of the information. Sad to say, AOU doesn't have anyone working here that has been able to get the program working 100% either. The program itself was never ours to begin with and only had minor tweaks made to it by us in the past with permission from the original creator. The 18.5 patch made A LOT of changes to several aspects of the game, how the windows are done, even the name of the exe file for the game. As we don't know what many of the changes actually did, it's hard to fix them.

I'm still looking in to getting it fixed, but right now the temporary "patch" that DarkBane suggested is all we can offer, even though it doesn't bring back full functionality. I'm sorry that's all I can really offer at the moment, coding has been a hobby for some AOU staff in the past, but it was never a real focus, and right now we just don't have someone that is able to do more to it than has been posted on the official forum.

If that changes, there will definitely be a huge announcement though, and you won't be able to miss it. Keep your fingers crossed :)

StO_Odge

Post by StO_Odge » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:51 pm

Silvana wrote:Thank you for all of the information... If that changes, there will definitely be a huge announcement though, and you won't be able to miss it. Keep your fingers crossed :)
Many thanks for your answer Silvana. Seems as Darkbane got a new patch supposed to fix also winXP users but... that one is still not working for me :) I'm not sure if people saying patch works perfectly for them mean that also agent is 100% restored and functional: from what you have written ( i hope i've not misunderstood ) seems as actually there is not a perfectly finctional CS available. Anyway, it's still more then i could ask that 2.3.5 release can still partially work after the patch :) as things are working now, at least for me, cs is still really a huge "click saving/time saving" device to use!

Keeping all my 20 fingers crossed :top:

Cheers.