Dyna Hunting?

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Proxino

Dyna Hunting?

Post by Proxino » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:49 pm

what the hell are dynas? where can i found them? why ppl kill them so much? pls tell me :)

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:09 pm

Ok, several reasons...

A 'dyna' or 'dyna camp' is a group of the same mobs all in a small area, with a 'boss' that's a few lvls higher than the rest...

Basicaly people head out to kill them because you can chose which camp to do depending on your level (they come in all levels).

The boss can also drop rare items if you're realy lucky...

Those are the main reason.

With a good team you can tackle dynas way above your level & get good xp gain & some phatz to sell...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Nadab

Post by Nadab » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:33 pm

On the left over there <======= Under Multi-media you will see a section called Maps......

Download and Install Atlas of Rubi-ka (follow the directions in the readme file). Then make that map your default world map as seen when using "P"
(use "P" to open world map, then use the "i" in the upper left corner, mouse over "select map" and choose Atlas of Rubi-ka)

Now, when you open the world map and zoom in to a zone... some zones will have "purple-ish" numbers on them in certain areas.... i.e. 50 275 145 or such.... these number represent the relative level of the "Dyna Boss" with minions a few levels lower around him/her/it.....

Now think of a Dyna Boss as the equivalent of a Team Mission Boss that you don't have to fight through 4 levels of minions to get to.... Thus Dyna Camps are places where you can get rare loot, dyna/team boss restricted nanos and other goodies with realative ease....

For example..... there is a circular route of 45-65 Dyna camp bosses in Wailing Wastes.... these are one of the primary sources of the extremely rare shotgun "Pump Trainee (ql 41-49) and Pump Master (ql 50)" which will sell from 20 to 50 million credits should you be lucky to find one...

hope this helps.
Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich********Corporal, Omni-Pol Field Ops**********T-Sgt1C Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, retired"If I'm the agent Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?"Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Proxino

Post by Proxino » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:53 pm

Thank you! that helped a lot!

eeod

Post by eeod » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:49 pm

great. now i'm depressed. I think I let a pump master rot away today...

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:28 am

Welcome to the club, I'm sure I've thrown a couple of GA disks into the terminals in my first 6months of playing lol.
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Koudman

Post by Koudman » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:55 pm

Hahahaha, that is so pawnt.
:lol:
I bet you remember and regret that every time you log into AO.

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:50 pm

I quit playing because of boss campers . . it ruined the game for me, how could you compete trying to gain a item from a boss, but yet there is a player there that is 200+ farming a level 80 boss.

Any ways thanks for reminding everyone how to locate the bosses, I was trying to remember how I did 4 years ago, just came back with a free subscription, and can not remember a damn thing :oops:

didn't even need to use the search, :D , again thx for the maps info, it just happen to be what I was looking for at this moment

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Wed May 07, 2008 2:28 pm

I found this today, besides the Maps, you could get a idea what drops what from here Anarchy Online Unique Monster-knowledge