Community - Funcom Under Investigation

Newsentries to be discussed

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Community - Funcom Under Investigation

Postby Silvana » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:31 am

While this will hopefully be addressed by Funcom in the near future to keep players from having complete freakouts, you can read the current media rumblings. A brief synopsis is as follows:

According to multiple sources, including Norwegian government sources, the Oslo offices of Funcom, developers of Age of Conan and The Secret World, are currently being raided by local police as part of an investigation into possible stock market irregularities during, or slightly before, the launch of The Secret World in the summer of 2012.

News.Web has confirmed that Funcom is under investigation and that charges have been filed

You can read more in the subject by clicking HERE

We'll post more when it is available.

January 30th Update: Sezmra has posted on the official forum that the recent incident will not hinder the operation or development of any Funcom games.
Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Re: Community - Funcom Under Investigation

Postby Oldguy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:49 am

Ahh, that explains why it's end of January and I still haven't gotten beta access.

"Anyone who has signed up for six months of Membership will receive guaranteed access to the Closed Beta in January."

I signed up with 3 accounts - stupid me.... :(
Oldguy

Postby Silvana » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:20 am

What is said on the page where that is listed may not be accurate. The AO site outside of the forum isn't really known for being updated well. Genele clarified some points about it after and did not include time frames when doing so. All of the talk since then about it being in January has not been responded to by anyone that works there. But as it stands now, it doesn't look like the 12 month subscribers have received access, and they have priority over 6 month subs. Or they have and they're being good and sticking to the NDA :)

I suppose all anyone can do is wait. A monthly development letter should be here today or tomorrow with information on it and if these new events will hold it back.
Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Postby Llie » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:07 pm

Sezmra of the Community Team has posted:

Following events on January 29th, we'd like you to know that operation and development of all Funcom games will continue as normal. Thank you for your patience, folks!

In a post on the official forums here
Llie
AOU Content Editor

Postby Silvana » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:34 am

Updated the original post for the front page :)
Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Return to News-Corner