WTB More Videos!

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

bluekipperlips

WTB More Videos!

Post by bluekipperlips » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:01 am

Hi :D

I wanted to make this thread for people to put videos on, because if you play AO and have a YouTube account, you've probably searched it in at some point. If you did then you'll have realised there aren't enough videos :(

And if a new video IS made, no one will know about it because it has hardly any views!

So if you decide to make a video, post it on this thread, because people will know about it :D

My video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9cbB920 ... ideo_title

I know that not too many people play this game anymore but i hope there are enough to reply to this post! haha :P

Thanks for reading!,
Bluekipperlips :top:

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Re: WTB More Videos!

Post by Silvana » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:00 am

Good luck getting more people involved :)

Just be careful with the copyrighted music, a lot of people are getting hit with lawsuits lately.

bluekipperlips

Post by bluekipperlips » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:31 pm

Hey hey, I haven't posted on here in a while now. It's a shame to see more people haven't used this thread, would be great if people made more AO vids as there aren't that many and they're not that hard to make!

Anyways, my account hasn't been active for a few months now and I thought this would be a good time to post this on these forums because it's been a while since Lindelu and Kintaii left and people might want to see things like this :)

My RK2 Kintaii/Lindelu AO party video! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V89EPDTB388

18 September 2012. If you do watch it, don't be afraid to tell me what you think of it in the comments, I like reading them.

P.S I asked Kintaii if he would dance next to me for the video and his reply was ''Let's do this!'' so I put that somewhere in the middle of the video. I thought that was quite funny haha, anyways enjoy foruming AO'ers! :top:

-Cokecan

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:47 pm

I think it comes down to time, as to why people aren't posting videos. Editing the video, making sure the sound is okay, and having a good microphone. Aside from the mic, that can all be a really long process if the sound goes out of sync with the video. or what resolution you're upload it at. That can take half a day on that part alone lol

Another good reason people have for not wanting to do videos is there would be re-editing or having to redo it completely if something is changed in a patch and the info you gave initially is no longer valid.

bluekipperlips

Post by bluekipperlips » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:45 pm

Yeah true, editing is a pain. The footage in that last video didn't take that long to get but there was a bunch of it I didn't use... It shouldn't put people off though, it feels much better when you dedicate more time in these things even if you feel like you need to go back to them later on and make changes :)