This is no way to play

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

jiru

This is no way to play

Post by jiru » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:29 am

I "TRIED" but no luck! Can't get Robotic Self Preservation sys and whats more I'am level 97 and I STILL haven't found it.Yes I went to backyards(front yards ,side yards and any other kind of yard you can think of) I went to junkyards went to acid lake in Newland went to Old Athens did missions with dogs & no dogs BUT still no drop!!! Now I'am NOT the best player in games, was playing AC when AO 1st came out but didn't make the switch,so got high levels there and yes went to WOW got 80s there even did Jump gate for a bit "B U T "!! I never played any game where you could not FIND something you need and plus they say if it didn't drop you could B U Y!!! it from vendor in back yard ,not true!! Even made a "Clan" to check there back yard vendor "NOTHING"!! Now I'am playing for free was thinking of paying (think you got to at 100+ ? ) but I just cant see it happening esp. when there is not much if any help in game.Went to Borilis (sp?) asking for 1 person with click saver to team with me to get mission for bot heal ( scared to D/L click saver I get warning when I try) Get the mission and they could leave not one person helped pretty bad huh,so I heal my bot for 20 pts. a heal cast, the game is nothing but fun!! I will join an Org. when I find one the right size (pack of noobs is to big for my liking) Well thats all I got to say any thought or help I would be pleased to have I'am in game as Jiru.Oh those place's in Newland lake etc. where for the next upgrade (thinking ahead in case I ever got the 1st one) forgot that name you get it from Tech.Scavengers?

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Re: This is no way to play

Post by Silvana » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:21 am

Just about any robotic mob will drop them. Neutral backyards are good for it, or outside of Rome on the hill where you get parts for the shoulder pads. From what I remember, if they are below a certain QL, they don't have the nodrop tag, so you might try looking on the market for one :)

tgjensen

Post by tgjensen » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:23 am

I assume you are talking about the Solar-Powered Engineer Pistol?

Items never drop when you really want them to. Keep killing robotic mobs, you'll get it eventually.

You do not have to go paid after level 100. The top froob level is 200, and many people stay froob for years.

Sorry to hear about your trouble downloading Clicksaver. Have you tried from another source? The reason nobody is helping you is a combination of low population and the fact that it could well take an hour or more to roll that one item you are after - that's a lot to ask, frankly. Some people provide services where they will roll and retrieve ("blitz") items for you, typically at a cost of a few million credits. The best and cheapest option though really is getting Clicksaver for yourself. Maybe someone on this forum can help sort your problem with it out.

As for finding an org that is small enough, that should be easy. From my point of view the trouble is finding one big enough.

And yes, the Technoscavenger Brain does indeed drop from Technoscavengers.

Edit: As it turns out, if you are on RK-1 I have a QL54 Robotic Self-Preservation System you can have. Try and catch me on Carrion and we can meet up.

enlo

Post by enlo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:23 am

well, windows/inetExplorer generally shows a warning for every executable file you download ;)
get it from a valid source ignore any warning: http://arpa3.net/ao/clicksaver.html
it's definately not a virus

I have about 4 (and deleted a dozen) of those Robotic Self-Preservation System and Techno Brains (NODROP). You can get it easily from the robots around the trash king. At lvl 100, you can kill the entire junkyard in one minute.

check the Shoulderpads Quest Guide for robot junkyard locations.
PS: Why the hell is this guide listed under Shadowlands?

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Post by Llie » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:29 pm

Since you're talking about "Pack of Noobs", I'm presuming you're both Omni and on RK2, which means neither Carrion nor I can help you out, otherwise I could probably farm you both parts in about 15 minutes on my NT.

Normally, I'd suggest going to Wartorn Valley to kill low level Technoscavengers and Waste Collectors for both your Technoscavenger Brain and Robotic Self Preservation System, since these are the first parts for your Engineer pistol, low QL items will work fine, and the robotic mobs in Wartorn Valley are very low level, hence easy to kill, and respawn very quickly. Unfortunately, getting there as an Omni isn't trivial. If you go, just be careful you're not killing a Technoscavenger near the Nuts & Bolts boss. It will sympathetically aggro if it sees you attacking a Technoscavenger.

I've done the shoulderpad quest probably a dozen times or more. The drop rate on the Robotic Self Preservation system there isn't great.

Technoscavengers are plentiful at extremely low level north of Newland Lake -- on the mesa north of the canyon. You need to be careful there too, not to attack Technoscavengers when Greasy Joints is nearby. I don't usually hunt there because the bulk of my toons are Clan (hence Wartorn Valley).

The Clicksaver I use, I downloaded right from ao-universe: http://www.ao-universe.com/index.php?id ... n=download. If you don't have Clicksaver, you can look for rewards you want the "old fashioned" way by mousing over all the missions and looking for a blue nano-crystal, and if you see it, you can shift-click on the mission and then click on the reward to see if it's the bot heal you want.

Everything you describe (farming hundreds of mobs or rolling hundreds of missions to find the item you need) is, unfortunately, the most annoying parts of AO, but also unfortunately the most fundamental. If you can move past the frustration of that and make peace with that as part of the game, you can begin to enjoy other aspects of AO, such as the diverse professions and the unique tool set available to each profession.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:58 am

Hmmm it does show it as listed in SL, but it isn't categorized that way and if you physically look for it, it is in the classic section. I'll have someone look at it.

jiru

Thank You for Fast reply to no way

Post by jiru » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:50 am

Thank You All for a fast reply I will do my best to follow your info.Didn't know how click saver worked thought it would be fast your right an hour of trying is way too much to ask.
Thank You All again.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:07 am

Remember it's an hour where you can go do something else and just check the screen every now and again, and it gets you something you'd have to pay much more money for...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

Tazerman

Post by Tazerman » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:54 am

remember they drop from moobs in nld down by the green lake if you don't have it yet
Tazerman 200/00

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:00 am

Tazerman wrote:remember they drop from moobs in nld down by the green lake if you don't have it yet
moobs... :shock: :?
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

jiru

Re Noway to play

Post by jiru » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:14 am

Three(3) hours and nothing! I went to everyplace mention plus back to bckyard(to buy)
and junkyard to buy and/or kill for it.I even hid (if you will) the gun in my bank hoping that on me it was somehow tripping the drop rate(talk about grasping for straws) but nothing.
I sort of like to play the game in some kind of line I'm suppose to have pistols and be able to
update them but for the life of me I don't see how.I think I might switch to shotgun! Thank you all for your help.
Would anyone know why my PF (mini) map goes black I have the map for the area it shows then it will go black can't see anything it's not night(in game) is there away to keep it day all the time Thanks again

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:03 am

Jiru, in the future you can just hit reply instead of making a new thread each time ;)

I'm sorry you're having trouble finding it, but they are out there. Sometimes you just get unlucky.

Tazerman

Post by Tazerman » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:09 am

Silvana wrote:Jiru, in the future you can just hit reply instead of making a new thread each time ;)

I'm sorry you're having trouble finding it, but they are out there. Sometimes you just get unlucky.

aye..talk about unlucky and its all ways when you need it/want it the most! :evil:
Tazerman 200/00

Llie
AOU Content Editor

Re: Re Noway to play

Post by Llie » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:15 am

jiru wrote:Three(3) hours and nothing! I went to everyplace mention plus back to bckyard(to buy)
and junkyard to buy and/or kill for it.I even hid (if you will) the gun in my bank hoping that on me it was somehow tripping the drop rate(talk about grasping for straws) but nothing.
I sort of like to play the game in some kind of line I'm suppose to have pistols and be able to
update them but for the life of me I don't see how.I think I might switch to shotgun! Thank you all for your help.
Would anyone know why my PF (mini) map goes black I have the map for the area it shows then it will go black can't see anything it's not night(in game) is there away to keep it day all the time Thanks again
Wow. That really is unlucky. I dunno what to tell you. I'm tempted to roll a NT on RK2 just to see if I do any better.

As for the PF map -- I have that problem all the time. Sometimes it gets fixed if I close and reopen the PF map window. Other times it gets fixed when I zone -- though sometimes it gets broken when I zone, and I have to open and close the map window.

There's no way to make the game stay day all the time, though I've heard of people where their game got stuck in night all the time.

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:29 am

If you turn off fog and adjust a few settings, you kind of get daylight all the time, or at least it won't be AS dark. I've never heard of the problem with the mini-map though, so hopefully someone else has some help there :)