Looking for specific individuals

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

haliy3467

Looking for specific individuals

Post by haliy3467 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:59 am

Seeing that I am unable to do this myself until the 7th of november, Would anybody be nice enough to let me know if the guild Family of Friends is still around? The 6 main members I am looking for are (some being the same person)

Williemakit - NT 220
Windey - Doc 220
Qixbutt - Shade 220
Uglyduckie - Soldier 220
Willietankit - Enfo 215
Qxor - Trader 220

Server: Atlantean (RK1)
Side: Omni

Truly appreciate it and thank you

xyz123abc

Post by xyz123abc » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:50 pm

You can do it yourself :)

Rolling a froob account is free and fast (not counting the client download) Make a name similar to your original one and ask in borealis, while watching the channels for interesting information and price checks :)

It is a good time for getting BBQ pillows and buff pistols (3927) during the festivities (although that cant be done with a new character)

haliy3467

Post by haliy3467 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:36 am

no actually i can't do it myself because i cannot log in until after the 7th as i stated in my original post. I wouldn't be asking here if i was able to. It has nothing to do with me being able to create a froob account. It has everything with the ability to actually log into the game itself.
Haliy (220 doc)
Xaii (220 agent)
Mouadiib (216 crat)
Vindeta (161 engi)
Kahluafix (60 fix) (ToTW twink)
Snapshote (10 agent) (Subway twink)
Tiesla (51 mp) (froob) - my current project

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:26 am

I suppose the question of why you can't make a froob account to ask around is just unanswered, since it's free and you don't need to do anything outside of having the client installed. If it were that you had no internet or something like that, it would make sense, but it would seem you can since you are able to post here :)

However, if you are unable for some reason, you're better off asking on the main boards. Our site focuses mostly on guides and most people that visit the site don't look at the forums unless they find an error in the guides or have a question about something in them.

haliy3467

Post by haliy3467 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:08 am

I am currently at work (5 weeks out on a seismic survey vessel) were we are unable to do anything that requires a lot of bandwidth (eg, playing mmorpg's, skype, high downloads, etc... ). Even if i was able to play mmorpg's, the latency would be probably around 20k+ and would get disconnected right away from the lack of communication.

I have tried to post on the main boards however with that, it wont let me connect with my username/password regardless of what username/password iv'e put in (yes iv'e tried to create a new free account threw there and it still will not work). This would be the reason why i am posting here to see if those individuals are still around and that guild exists.
Haliy (220 doc)
Xaii (220 agent)
Mouadiib (216 crat)
Vindeta (161 engi)

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:20 am

Another good option would be to sign up for a froob account, download AORC or Vha.Chat and log in through that. Or if your main account is activated, you can just use that login info.

That way you can still connect to all of the in-game chat channels without having to run the game itself :)

I think Vha.Chat is a little better, but here are links for both.

Vha.Chat - http://aodevs.com/projects/view/1
AORC+ - http://arpa3.net/ao/tools.html#aorc

haliy3467

Post by haliy3467 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:35 am

Would either of those use anything streaming like ventrillo or teamspeak or is it just a chat like yahoo messenger or gmail messenger?

Unfortunaly, anything streaming is considered forbidden by the powers at be which makes for a sad panda :( Even youtube is against the rules out here
Haliy (220 doc)
Xaii (220 agent)
Mouadiib (216 crat)
Vindeta (161 engi)

Silvana
AOU Site Manager

Post by Silvana » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:48 am

They are both basically IRC chat clients in the same vein as AIM or Yahoo. Nothing streaming.