Has the Celebration started

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:18 pm

I was wonder from those that could get exp from the Desert Rider.

What was the EXP like ?

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:55 am

I guess there was none or no One really paid any attention on how much EXP. . but, really I'm here to say

Lookie what I got :D

[img]http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/7328/newclio.jpg[/img]

Only happened because we had a good Raid leader, and I had happen to been lucky in the Roll (#1 Over all) 8) . . it really feels good to finally be rewarded, just weird how it happen on the character I was playing.
The one I have had the least amount of time playing , but this was the one that was first to get the leet pet, well let's just say this one character has been very very lucky.

Now if I can just place the Bot in the Trunk, then all's better then good.

oh and this is unrelated, but earlier today I was leaving from the Agency after getting my DM, and it just so happens, I was getting a piggy back ride from a stranger (not really just looks like it)
[img]http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/1222/twofunny.jpg[/img]

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:36 am

I'm fairly certain you don't get XP in 'raids'...
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!

xyz123abc

Post by xyz123abc » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:03 pm

EVENT HAS ENDED!

I still dont know why when i got lucky pickpocketing the corpse, I always got a message saying: 'there is nothign you can loot there'

wth? I wanted a vacum :(

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:21 am

if I remember (guess) correctly, the leader selects who get's to loot.
If you was ninja looting, that's the message I think that was given :?: guess there too

xyz123abc

Post by xyz123abc » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:38 am

Ahhh, I see.

I did get the usual "you are not allowed to loot these remains" and "you are not part of the looting team" I didnt know there was yet another scenario where I wasn't allowed to get drops :/

As a side note, Don't you think it is not good for the community that some people take time to get parts and, when the mob spawns, It is up for whoever deals the more damage? Knowing that, I did not collect a single piece myself :/ I knew I would never get a chance. Also, since i am level 70, no one ever invited me to any group... Is it ok to make events for only a segment of the population?

On the other hand, the jetpack was superb :D Ill never stop using it ^.^

Happy 10 years AO, hope we can get together when you are 20, too!

xaatxuun

Post by xaatxuun » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:55 pm

oh yes that Jet Pack is the most awesome gift. It makes it hard for me to actually complain about somethings.

I went through the same misfortunes as you had, but finally got in a good Raid. meaning a good raid leader. It was just that one time, the few more I was trying to get on after that, it was back to the same ole feeling of being ignore due to my level . .

It was the team that did the most damage that did get to loot, but to try and get every one to receive a reward you really needed a Raid, then it depends on who that raid leader is if you got invited.

I suspect when they said go on LFT, was so they could check your level, if you were not XXX level your not getting a invited. Reason I suspect that was because every time I did it that way, I was never invited, but always got an invite when someone said stand by such-n-such and /tell <playername>, I always got a invite that way.

The system or the way the reward was handed out would work and was the best, but it requires patients and a good leader.
the Rider had a 26minute rot time, so there was time to get everything handed out. I'm just not sure how much loot was available to be handed out. I asked once but don't recall what the answer was :oops:

I don't think it was enough to cover a full Raid , which that woulda sucked. but I'm sure it was enough to cover 2 full teams in the raid.

I was in a winning raid a few times, but never got a thing and the loot would be gone before the timer was 24m

As I said at the start of this reply, getting the Jet pack, for free, made it hard to really complain.

Snakebite
AOU Forum Moderator

Post by Snakebite » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:53 am

There were 6 full suits of lvl300 armor and 6 vehicles in each boss corpse. So 12 items.
Don't make me come in there and Moderate you!