Possible sl00b enfy thinking of going 1he...

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Reiseiji

Possible sl00b enfy thinking of going 1he...

Post by Reiseiji » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:46 am

Like any good fr00b enfy I've been sticking with 2he (Yay p.panther), but I'm starting to muse away that maybe, just maybe, I'd prefer dual 1he, especially since the damage calculators are teasing me with the benefits of dual Gelids over the antiquated EQB...

The absolutely bloody irritating thing I'm dealing with is it's -assumed- that I should have AI or LE, and be packing around OFABs, so trying to look for advice on the bloody AO boards is frelling annoying when everyone is showing off their cookie cutter builds. (That, and it also isn't getting my hopes up over 2he when it seems like the only options I have are EQB or Kry cookies.)

So... basically I'm more or less looking for confirmation that switching to dual 1he at 160ish is a good idea...

What I'm thinking so far:

1he Pros: A lot more frelling options for endgame for sl00bs (sword of curiousity/wonder looks smexy), more hits per minute, and a higher dpm than 2he (good for tanking), better looks (I like looks! The majority of 2he options look... well, silly...), different from the usual 2he'ness
Cons: Cookie cutter builds are cookie cutter for a reason, maybe the 1he isn't as good as I think it is... and how are Hecks going to handle the 1he? Maybe they'll just giggle and laugh at me... (That is... if Hecks is all there is to the SLs for exp...)

(Also, if I -do- go for the 1he, should I bother for gelids? Or stick with crispy chirops till I can get the nifty sword of curiousity stuff?)